Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: PSP Question About PSN Store

by Exhuminator Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:16 pm

You guys don't want a 3000, they have shit screens.

On some occasions, scan lines may appear on scenes where brightness changes drastically, due to the hardware features of the new LCD device on PSP-3000. Installed with this new LCD device, PSP-3000 offers more natural and vibrant colors on its screen, but the scan lines have come out to be more visible as a result of improving response time to alleviate the afterimages on PSP-3000. Since this is due to hardware specification, there are no plans for a system software update concerning this issue.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable

I hope you like interlacing artifacts out the yang 'cause that's what the 3000's gonna do for ya.

PSP1000 4 lyf suckas
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:46 pm

I don't really notice that on most of what I play, so....*shrugs*
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:54 pm

I tried a PSP3000 once and immediately noticed it. I was playing an action game though. It's probably not a problem for slower moving games like visual novels or turn based RPGs. But it drove me nuts personally and I decided to stick with the 1000s I already had.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:12 am

Exhuminator wrote:It's probably not a problem for slower moving games like visual novels or turn based RPGs.

Ah, the bulk of what I own. That explains a lot :lol:

But, yeah, I can see how that would drive some people crazy.
ejamer
128-bit

by ejamer Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:36 am

...and that's why PSP Go is best.

Not entirely kidding.

PSP Go has some real issues. Having cramped controls is one issue, especially problematic if you have large hands. The wireless access kind of sucks - although I suspect that's common for all PSP models. Most notably: being limited to PSN Store for games is another issue - it limits your selection, prevents buying cheap or used physical copies, and ongoing accessibility is a question (link: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/son ... t-in-2016/).

However, the little console also has some advantages over other versions of the platform. PSP Go is wonderfully portable - smaller than anything else I've played other than a GBA Micro. Pricing with PSN sales is good if you can wait for sales, and if you've been a PS+ member then you might find a cache of games just waiting for you to download anyway. The screen is better than PSP-3000, the system has bluetooth so that you can sync a headset or real controller, and the TV out options are better too. The sleep function when you slide the screen closed is also awesome.

PSP Go totally wasn't worth the high initial asking price. But when the systems were getting cleared out for bargain prices you could easily grab one for $50 or less - and accessories (charging cables, TV cables, docks, cases, etc) were all available for a pittance. If you see one cheap, and if you don't mind going all digital for games, it's worth checking out.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:25 pm

Exhuminator wrote:You guys don't want a 3000, they have shit screens.

On some occasions, scan lines may appear on scenes where brightness changes drastically, due to the hardware features of the new LCD device on PSP-3000. Installed with this new LCD device, PSP-3000 offers more natural and vibrant colors on its screen, but the scan lines have come out to be more visible as a result of improving response time to alleviate the afterimages on PSP-3000. Since this is due to hardware specification, there are no plans for a system software update concerning this issue.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable

I hope you like interlacing artifacts out the yang 'cause that's what the 3000's gonna do for ya.

PSP1000 4 lyf suckas

Leave it to Exhuminator-senpai to convince me that what I previously thought was the worst model (minus Go; I'll never accept that as a valid model) is actually the best.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:27 pm

I own three PSP1000s and I don't regret owning a single one.

I suppose if you want the very best image quality possible, you could just use PPSSPP on an OLED monitor.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:56 pm

I own a 1000 and a 3000...I like the 3000 better.
TSTR
Next-Gen

by TSTR Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:46 am

idk i dont really notice that on my 3000, was def a concern before i bought it tho
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:35 pm

I don't see why anyone should get a 1000 instead a 2000? As I said before, the 3000 is more debateable, but the 2000 seems to be better than the 1000 with no real downside
Return to Sony and Microsoft