Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
User avatar
Exhuminator
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11573
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 am

Re: PSP/PS Vita Memory

by Exhuminator Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:33 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I always get physical games when I can, and I don't buy too many games digitally.

I'm in the same boat for multiple reasons.

The biggest one is not only can I enjoy the game I bought, but I can actually sell it later when I'm done, and make some financial return on my investment.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
User avatar
TEKTORO
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2641
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Beyond Conscious

Re: PSP/PS Vita Memory

by TEKTORO Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:45 pm

I went for a full library for the sake of researching a obscure console. in turn kept 6 games from the whole experience. Still need to add Blood Drive and I'm done with collecting for it, my gut tells me after 2016 things will go up in price for sure. Few will easily be in the $100 plus range couple capping up to $500 long long ways down the line, it has that allure.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
User avatar
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7577
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Henderson, North Carolina

Re: PSP/PS Vita Memory

by ElkinFencer10 Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:55 pm

TEKTORO wrote:I went for a full library for the sake of researching a obscure console. in turn kept 6 games from the whole experience. Still need to add Blood Drive and I'm done with collecting for it, my gut tells me after 2016 things will go up in price for sure. Few will easily be in the $100 plus range couple capping up to $500 long long ways down the line, it has that allure.

Blood Drive is good. The PSP original is still my favorite, but I'm liking Corpse Party WAY more than Book of Shadows so far.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Image
User avatar
TEKTORO
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2641
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Beyond Conscious

Re: PSP/PS Vita Memory

by TEKTORO Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:33 pm

Nice I started the series around Halloween but totally got derailed and started watching Screem Queens instead and I'm not even a TV guy. So yea pick up the 32gb you can sell or keep the 8gb whichever suits you best. I would be reluctant to get the 64gb until they become available here just in case there is any issues, to pricey to risk.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
User avatar
touchofkiel
32-bit
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:04 am
Location: Japan

Re: PSP/PS Vita Memory

by touchofkiel Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:37 pm

I have a PSPgo, which has 16gb. It's enough for me.

I have 32 for Vita, which is more than enough. I used to have 16gb and that wasn't so bad. But yeah, you'll just have to suck it up for that... occasionally you'll find a deal, but not usually. Considering how much of that space is taken by "free" PS+ games, I saw it as a fine investment... though it still pisses me off a bit that Sony would go with their own expensive proprietary format like that.
I review (mostly old) games at: The Annals of Retrodom.
User avatar
Exhuminator
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11573
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 am

Re: PSP/PS Vita Memory

by Exhuminator Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:39 pm

touchofkiel wrote:it still pisses me off a bit that Sony would go with their own expensive proprietary format like that.

Yeah they never learn:

http://www.fastcompany.com/1290466/sony ... tick-micro

Just add the Vita memory cards to that list.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
User avatar
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7577
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Henderson, North Carolina

Re: PSP/PS Vita Memory

by ElkinFencer10 Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:31 am

Yeah, I've filled about 3 GB of my 8 GB card on my Vita. Definitely only going 32 GB.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Image
User avatar
darsparx
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4394
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:24 pm

Re: PSP/PS Vita Memory

by darsparx Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:48 am

touchofkiel wrote:I have a PSPgo, which has 16gb. It's enough for me.

I have 32 for Vita, which is more than enough. I used to have 16gb and that wasn't so bad. But yeah, you'll just have to suck it up for that... occasionally you'll find a deal, but not usually. Considering how much of that space is taken by "free" PS+ games, I saw it as a fine investment... though it still pisses me off a bit that Sony would go with their own expensive proprietary format like that.


Yeah still a head meet wall moment for me when I see the cards again and again. Love the idea behind the card but wth were they thinking with pricing? Sorry but after what i think has now been 4 years the price should have come down and it's stupid they don't drop it though I wonder if it's just because they just don't care and haven't paid attention and thus have been leaving it alone...
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.
Image

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
User avatar
alienjesus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 8266
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: PSP/PS Vita Memory

by alienjesus Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:13 am

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Yeah, I've filled about 3 GB of my 8 GB card on my Vita. Definitely only going 32 GB.


It's pretty easy to fill it out with a few purchases though. I think I bought about 4 or 5 digital games before I filled out a 16GB card. Stuff like Project DIVA F and the Atelier games which aren't (easily) available in physical form.
Image
User avatar
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7577
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Henderson, North Carolina

Re: PSP/PS Vita Memory

by ElkinFencer10 Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:51 am

alienjesus wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:Yeah, I've filled about 3 GB of my 8 GB card on my Vita. Definitely only going 32 GB.


It's pretty easy to fill it out with a few purchases though. I think I bought about 4 or 5 digital games before I filled out a 16GB card. Stuff like Project DIVA F and the Atelier games which aren't (easily) available in physical form.

I NEVER buy games digitally unless it's either free or not available at all physically.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Image
Return to Sony and Microsoft

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests