PSP Recommendations/Connection Help Plzzzz

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Rydon
24-bit

Re: PSP Recommendations/Connection Help Plzzzz

Post by Rydon »

Hate to Shanghai this thread, but Ys I and II. PSP or NDS? I believe they are quite different, yes?

Also, I did want to say Resistance on PSP is a way better game than I thought it would be. You should like it if you are a fan of the series. You just need to get used to the control scheme.

Fun Fact: Patapon 2 got a physical release. It was digital only at first and then went physical. I believe Sony was using it to pilot the PSP digital store.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Rydon wrote:Hate to Shanghai this thread, but Ys I and II. PSP or NDS?

Ys on DS (Legacy of Ys: Books I & II) was not developed by Falcom, but rather Interchannel-Holon. Ys on PSP (Ys I & II Chronicles) was actually developed by Falcom. And the difference between the two is quite stark. I highly suggest going with the PSP version. The DS version continues the curse of any Ys game not made by Falcom being sub-par.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Rydon
24-bit

Post by Rydon »

Thanks for the info. I was always on the fence on which one to get and I could never find a price I was comfortable with on either when I was looking around. Will Ys I and II complete the cool Y's logo on the spines started by VII and Oath of Felghana? It is bugging me that I am missing that last game.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

retrosportsgamer wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I forgot I wrote that. Time flies...

I just realized/learned that all those SNK Classics Vol 0 games were released as minis. Keep in mind I bought ALL OF THE MINIS and also have the physical import (Korean version). Just never made the connection that they were from the same set.

On the positive side, Parodius Portable is right around $50 now - that seems to have come down in price IIRC.

In that case, I'm sooooo glad that I spent the $25 on a used copy when I was in japan a couple years ago, otherwise I'd be kicking myself like I am with that $25 DS Pokemon typing tutor I didn't buy ;A;

Also, back on the subject of recommendations,

Medieval Resurrection is a fantastic remake of the original Medieval on PS1, and fixes a few of the more annoying parts of the original.

What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord? 1 and 2 are both some of the most unique and REALLY hard puzzle games I've ever played. I'd watch a video online or something about it first, but they're worth at least a look.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:
In that case, I'm sooooo glad that I spent the $25 on a used copy when I was in japan a couple years ago, otherwise I'd be kicking myself like I am with that $25 DS Pokemon typing tutor I didn't buy ;A;.

This was on offer on UK's online Nintendo store over Christmas for like £5. It has been quite frequently in other places too. I wouldn't give up on it yet.

It's £13 (about $20) on ShopTo right now. Not sure if they deliver to the US or not: http://www.shopto.net/3ds-2ds-ds/ds/DSP ... -adventure

Unless you want the Japanese version?
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

So I've been playing through Killzone: Liberation, and it's just....boring. It has none of the personality that the console entries - or even the Vita title - had. For those who have played it, does it get better, or is the whole game in exercise in "meh"? I just finished Chapter 1.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.