PSP Recommendations/Connection Help Plzzzz

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: PSP Recommendations

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I find that I enjoyed a lot of those RPGs a bit better on their original hardware, which is why I didn't mention them specifically. But yeah, Tactics Ogre owns any way you look at it.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

alienjesus wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:Tactics Ogre!! Cant believe it hasnt been mentioned yet.

Don't worry, way ahead of you.

alienjesus wrote:There's plenty of other great stuff too, such as the Ys series, Final Fantasy 1 & 2, Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Riviera, Yggdra Union, Gungnir, Disgaea and Jeanne D'Arc.

Ah missed that part of it.

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I find that I enjoyed a lot of those RPGs a bit better on their original hardware, which is why I didn't mention them specifically. But yeah, Tactics Ogre owns any way you look at it.

This port/remake was different enough that I think the PSP version is slightly superior.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

I got one simply for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, which is or will be on a console soon, but also enjoyed Castlevania and can't go wrong with the RPG's. I regret passing on the Gradius collection before I had my PSP.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: PSP Recommendations/Connection Help Plzzzz

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. Now I have a different issue - I can't get the damn thing to connect to my wifi. I've got three networks that go out from my router - a 2.4 Ghz network with WPA2, a 5 Ghz network with WPA2, and an unsecured guest network. It can see my 2.4 Ghz network but says the security isn't supported (I assume that the PSP-1000 doesn't like WPA2), and it can see my guest network and seems to accept it any everything, but every time I run a connection test, it always tells me that there's a connection error. I don't have any security on it, so I don't understand what the problem is. I've tried Googling a solution, but everything I can find on Google seems to be about getting it connected with security settings - nothing about a stubborn refusal to connect to an unsecured network. Halp? :shock:
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Does this halp?

cheapassgamer.com/topic/170199-psp-wireless-encryption-any-way-to-get-wpa2-connected/
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

I've come to the conclusion that Sony HATES wifi, after the MISERABLE experience I had the other week of downloading Corpse Party onto my Vita, when it took almost an hour for a 500Mb game to download while sitting nearly on top of my modem (or rather immediately under it). My PSP had the same problem. I just hook them directly to the PS3 to download stuff if I can help it, because that has a wired connection so I don't need to worry about Sony's Wifi-phobia.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

No. :( I looked at that post earlier tonight. That's great for troublshooting a secured network, but I can't even get it to connect to my open network without any security at all. It keeps telling me that "a connection to the access point cannot be established." :evil:

ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:I've come to the conclusion that Sony HATES wifi, after the MISERABLE experience I had the other week of downloading Corpse Party onto my Vita, when it took almost an hour for a 500Mb game to download while sitting nearly on top of my modem (or rather immediately under it). My PSP had the same problem. I just hook them directly to the PS3 to download stuff if I can help it, because that has a wired connection so I don't need to worry about Sony's Wifi-phobia.

I'd rather get the wifi working so I can lounge in bed (or take a shit) while I do interweb stuffs on my PSP, but I may have to do that if the damn thing won't connect. A good Plan B, I suppose.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I feel like there must be a solution in your router settings. I understand it not liking certain security but an unsecured net should work. Have you poked around your routers UI?
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

noiseredux wrote:I feel like there must be a solution in your router settings. I understand it not liking certain security but an unsecured net should work. Have you poked around your routers UI?

Yeah, I don't know exactly what I'm doing, but I know the basics of using a router's UI. I managed to get it to stop telling me "Not Supported" for my 2.4 GHz network, but it still won't connect to either that or the unsecured network. I'll probably mess around with it a little bit more tomorrow afternoon after I get home from work (unless someone here has a magical solution).

I'm using a Belkin router if that helps anyone advise me.