Anyone worried about PS3 online / updates ?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
isiolia
Next-Gen

Re: Anyone worried about PS3 online / updates ?

Post by isiolia »

Ziggy587 wrote:20 years from now, when the flash memory in my U is no more, I'll only have the release version of the game that came on the disc.

Well, I'd kind of guess that Nintendo will have released several more versions by then anyway. Or the same one, through Virtual Console. :lol: 'course, the same can probably be said for a lot of big titles on any platform now.

Not sure Nintendo really does better about putting new stuff in via patches - plenty of games get free content, even if it's optional via DLC. With regard to PS3, some of that may be more relevant to earlier titles that came out before the system had Trophies, for instance.

Most of that would tend to just favor the double dips/Greatest Hits that are fairly common on the PS3.
fahlim003
8-bit

Re: Anyone worried about PS3 online / updates ?

Post by fahlim003 »

My issue as I recently learned is losing download only content permanently, as in, not purchasing to play before being unlisted.

I missed the boat on After Burner Climax and GTI Club+ and additional content such as Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Jill & Shuma, GT5 extra cars, &c. I could have bought these and had access to the content forever after unlisting but neglected to do so. Recently I bought (even though on countless occasions it was free) the Metal Gear Rising VR Missions so as to not miss that, same with Ace Combat Infinity.