How is your PSOne/PS1 gaming going?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Xelyx
32-bit

Re: How is your PSOne/PS1 gaming going?

Post by Xelyx »

I've been getting into 3D platformers on the PS1 lately. I've been playing the Spyro games, Crash Bandicoot games and Gex: Enter the Gecko. I hadn't played any of these prior to 3-4 months ago so I was pleasantly surprised to see how much I enjoy all of them. I'm having trouble getting into the first Crash Bandicoot but am loving the third entry so far. I also recently picked up Rageball, and despite the terrible reviews, I'm rather enjoying the game so far.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Xelyx wrote:I've been getting into 3D platformers on the PS1 lately. I've been playing the Spyro games, Crash Bandicoot games and Gex: Enter the Gecko. I hadn't played any of these prior to 3-4 months ago so I was pleasantly surprised to see how much I enjoy all of them. I'm having trouble getting into the first Crash Bandicoot but am loving the third entry so far. I also recently picked up Rageball, and despite the terrible reviews, I'm rather enjoying the game so far.

Some people hate them, but I thought Croc was alright.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

All I have been doing is trying to complete my loose disc or get manuals to make my games complete.
It's hard to find case and manuals for strider 2, guilty gear, missing street fighter collection disc 2, mega man x4 gh version, in the hunt and raiden project. Those are the ones I check everyday on eBay hoping it will go up. I waited to finally get the manual for tomba. I have patience
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

I recently got the urge to go through the first 3 installments of Tekken seies released on PS1. 2 and 3 still hold up fairly ok and are quite fun play. It's was a very nostalgic experience playing this series once again.
Also played KoF 95. Damn load times!
Xelyx
32-bit

Post by Xelyx »

Xeogred wrote:
Xelyx wrote:I've been getting into 3D platformers on the PS1 lately. I've been playing the Spyro games, Crash Bandicoot games and Gex: Enter the Gecko. I hadn't played any of these prior to 3-4 months ago so I was pleasantly surprised to see how much I enjoy all of them. I'm having trouble getting into the first Crash Bandicoot but am loving the third entry so far. I also recently picked up Rageball, and despite the terrible reviews, I'm rather enjoying the game so far.

Some people hate them, but I thought Croc was alright.

After watching some gameplay I think Croc looks pretty good. I'll have to pick up a copy now.
Flake

Post by Flake »

For some reason I am dying to get back into the early Street Fighter EX games. I clearly remember them being terrible but the bug is there.

I spent a little time this weekend goofing around in Rival Schools. I really wish Capcom would remember that the RS universe still exists and fits in perfectly with Street Fighter.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Flake wrote:For some reason I am dying to get back into the early Street Fighter EX games. I clearly remember them being terrible but the bug is there.

I spent a little time this weekend goofing around in Rival Schools. I really wish Capcom would remember that the RS universe still exists and fits in perfectly with Street Fighter.

They aren't horrible. They aren't as bad as Mortal Kombat 4 that is for sure. For beaing a 3D-esque fighter, it doesn't have the huge flaws that a lot of the early 3D fighters had. It is just... weird, but, weird is good!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

What was the best model for the ps1 as far as sound and video go? I'm sure the first model people say get but I never find one that works. I love the psone though and the led screen. Looking for the official controllers and money cards for it
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Flake wrote:For some reason I am dying to get back into the early Street Fighter EX games. I clearly remember them being terrible but the bug is there.

Funny you should mention the EX series, as i've have had a desire to go back to them and play em once again (except for maybe EX3), after going through the Tekken series.
The EX series (particularly 1 and 2) weren't terrible at all. They just did little to innovate in the 3D fighter sub-genre. But the series had solid controls, fairly decent character designs for the new cast (Skullo,Allen,Kairi,Dark,Rosso), and had an amazing soundtrack.
EX2 Plus in particular has seen somewhat of a current following in the east coast competitive fighting scene.
Flake

Post by Flake »

EX also had some wierd characters. As a kid, I really wanted to know more avbout Pulum or D.Dark - the first time I beat an EX game I was so surprised to find out there was no story to go with the wacky cast.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?