Are Sony back to their evil selves?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Are Sony back to their evil selves?

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

the7k wrote:Companies are neither good nor evil. They have only one responsibility, and that is to stay profitable. The only thing we can do as consumers to guide their hand is to vote with our wallets.

If you care about playing online without paying a fee to an extreme. then abandon the PS4 and Xbox One while taking up a Wii U and PC.

If you care about playing games from older generations without being forced to buy them all over again to an extreme, then abandon the PS4 and pick from the Wii U, Xbox One or a PC.

There's options for whatever it is you value. Throw enough money at it and maybe Sony will change their tune, but as long as it isn't unprofitable to keep this status quo, they'll keep on keeping on.

I agree with this 100%. Vote with your money, because there are alternatives out there that may meet your needs better. Sure a platform may not meet your criteria entirely, but no one is perfect... except for then pc... the pc is always perfect....

....I kidd.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

This thread went from 0-60 in one post flat back there. :lol:

I think it's only natural that Sony, being back on top after spending a generation as the underdog, is going to try to milk their position for what it's worth. Activision did the same thing back when Guitar Hero and COD were kings, and Nintendo did those exclusivity contracts with publishers back in the NES days. I'm not saying that it's good, or that I like it, but I understand it.

If you guys think Sony's bad now, imagine what it'd be like if there was only one major videogame company.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

BoringSupreez wrote:If you guys think Sony's bad now, imagine what it'd be like if there was only one major videogame company.

I've often thought it would be great if we had multiple devices that all played the same formats of game in the same way we have standardized media formats for movies and that this whole games locked to a specific brand of console thing would just go away.

Which I guess we do, they're called PCs, but for some strange reason consoles persist!
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Gunstar Green wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:If you guys think Sony's bad now, imagine what it'd be like if there was only one major videogame company.

I've often thought it would be great if we had multiple devices that all played the same formats of game in the same way we have standardized media formats for movies and that this whole games locked to a specific brand of console thing would just go away.

Which I guess we do, they're called PCs, but for some strange reason consoles persist!

Home theater PCs also exist.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

The salt is strong in this thread.

Yeah, I wouldn't say Sony is evil. PS+ made sense when, as has been mentioned, people haven't had a problem paying for it on Xbox, and Sony DESPERATELY needs to make money to stay viable. It's still $10 cheaper per year than Xbox Live, so they can still hold that over Xbox owners if they really want to (personally, I think it seems like a silly thing to bicker over, but then again, I think the whole "console war" crap was stupid after SNES/Genesis).

The only thing truly douchey/"evil" that Sony has done is not let PS3 purchases carry over to PS4. They've already got crossbuy with Vita, and - as has also been mentioned - they could do the discount that Nintendo does with Wii/Wii U VC games.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

I don't see the next Xbox going for a worldwide launch after this generation, if MS cares enough to keep it as a platform that is. There won't be a fourth entry into the traditional console space either, no not even Apple wants to meddle here. I think the future will be a Sony-Nintendo duality, with Xbox being a mainly North American platform, it's already the norm in the PC landscape in terms of hardware (ie you either go for the bastards Nvidia or the underdogs AMD)

Sony's PSN sales also suck. It's far cheaper to track down second hand copies.. or just buy from Steam or GOG if it's not a PS exclusive.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

ehh, these don't bother me as much as they might others

1) Plus was gonna charge for online cause MS showed last gen how much money was on the table, there was really no getting around that. tossing in those games just sweetened the deal, but that well dried up cause the 4's library isn't nearly as large as the 3's. also anyone holding out for Knack: you're really not missing anything

2) i'm not surprised at the lack of PS2 disc play, cause no one wants to let that happen when they can sell you those games again. it's shitty, granted, but i don't like lag/etc so i just keep my hardware.

cross-buy is still leaps & bounds ahead of what nintendo does, ill give them that.