Found a some 1/3 off sale games today if anyones interested

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Found a some 1/3 off sale games today if anyones interested

Post by Tanooki »

I had kept both Godzilla and Wolfenstein New Blood on my grab list when I saw a certain price on them, just happened to be today.

Godzilla normally is $60, but at Best Buy it's $40 this week.
Wolfentein New Blood (disc release) is a $30 game, but the Gamestop I went into it was $20.

If anyone was hoping for a better deal on either of these this is the week to go for it. They're like month old physical disc releases so who knows when they'll normally drop to this level.

Despite the childish complaining online I'm just not seeing much fault in Godzilla that warrants the crying about the repetitive nature or the control on it. It's not Street Fighter, it's almost an RPG mixed with a rubber monster fighting game. You have to keep gaining drops to level your monster so it can kick better ass in the main game to eventually finish it, kind of like how Alucard sucks in SOTN until you beef the gear/levels up.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Re: Found a some 1/3 off sale games today if anyones interes

Post by Cronozilla »

Oh my, the Wolfenstein price includes the PC version. I finished it on PS4 last week and was less than enthusiastic about the controls. I'm very interested in playing it on PC. (It looks like GameStop user reviews reflect that opinion too)

Godzilla did look good, but honestly, that's like a $10 game to me, if that.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Found a some 1/3 off sale games today if anyones interes

Post by Tanooki »

Well if you're basing the value on your interest in Godzilla I'd understand, but if it's on the whiny reviews online it's not a fair way to judge it. No it's not anything better than a 7-8 range game, but it's not a 2 star or 3 star (40-60%) affair either. I think reviewers went into it expecting something more street fighter than big rubber monster. It's not fast, you don't fly around like Ultraman either.

L1 and R1 rotate (turn) you around. Right stick moves the camera. L stick/dpad moves you up/down strafe left/right and it seems a lot of babies can't wrap their head around it. Last night I got the softest of starter endings to the game where you can clear 7 maps, but you need to get more godzilla info scans from combat arenas to open up more depths and zones of the game. As that goes on more areas, more monsters, and more drops open up. Those drops you apply to upgrading your monster, whichever you're using as they can all rank up. I most likely won't bother but with a few favorites as there's a lot of them. Godzilla looks like it is shallow and hard too if you just plunge into 1v1 battles or the main game without thinking, but if you play it strategically backing out to level up your character like any action-rpg type game it gets fun and rewarding.

As far as wolfenstein goes, I saw the same comments about the original and thought it was garbage since I finished it so I paid no attention to the complaining. I just haven't fired it up yet as the other sucked me in.