Strange Mad Catz Accessory [SOLVED]

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Nintendude94
8-bit

Strange Mad Catz Accessory [SOLVED]

Post by Nintendude94 »

I bought a ps1 madcatz steering wheel for cheap at a goodwill the other day and while I was looking around in the box I found this:

Excuse the picture quality.

Never in my life have I seen one of these. I've looked over the web trying to find out what it is, but have found nothing. The only text (aside from "On/Off") is "Mad Catz". Anyone have any idea what it is?
Last edited by Nintendude94 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Current systems: Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari Jaguar (broken), Intellivision, Colecovision (x2), Arcadia 2001, Telestar Combat, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Virtual Boy, Gameboy (x2), GB Pocket, GB Light, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, GB Micro, e-Reader, DS, DS Lite, DSi, Genesis (Modle1 and 2), Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PS1, PS2 (Model 1 and Slim), PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, Hyper Scan and Tiger R-Zone (x2).
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: Strange Mad Catz Accessory

Post by Hobie-wan »

No model number info anywhere?
Nintendude94
8-bit

Post by Nintendude94 »

Sadly, no. I even looked in the corroded battery compartment.

Current systems: Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari Jaguar (broken), Intellivision, Colecovision (x2), Arcadia 2001, Telestar Combat, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Virtual Boy, Gameboy (x2), GB Pocket, GB Light, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, GB Micro, e-Reader, DS, DS Lite, DSi, Genesis (Modle1 and 2), Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PS1, PS2 (Model 1 and Slim), PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, Hyper Scan and Tiger R-Zone (x2).
Ack

Post by Ack »

That is a Mad Catz Wrist Rumbler, basically a Rumble Pak for the PS1 that you strap to your wrist. It's meant to work with Dualshock games.
Nintendude94
8-bit

Post by Nintendude94 »

Ack wrote:That is a Mad Catz Wrist Rumbler, basically a Rumble Pak for the PS1 that you strap to your wrist. It's meant to work with Dualshock games.

Haha! Thanks. I literally just found it online myself right before reading this post.

I had never heard of this. I'll have to give it a go. :)

Ack

Re: Strange Mad Catz Accessory [SOLVED]

Post by Ack »

Hey, no worries, this thing seems to be pretty rare despite a wide international release. One of the first posts I came across when I searched for it was an eBay post in India.
Nintendude94
8-bit

Re: Strange Mad Catz Accessory [SOLVED]

Post by Nintendude94 »

Yeah. I ended up googling "Ps1 Mad Catz Wrist" and happened to find it.

I tried to give it a go after I cleaned the corrosion out of the battery compartment, but it didn't work. Opening it up I found that the batteries had leaked inside and destroyed one of the power cords. Cleaned it up, soldered it back on and it works perfect.

Now it actually feels like I'm hitting dudes in Tekken! lol