PS4 and XBO - Definitive/Remastered/Collections List

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

PS4 and XBO - Definitive/Remastered/Collections List

Post by retrosportsgamer »

As with a lot of people, I like circling back for Game of the Year editions or any other re-releases that include DLC or new features. The PS3 also saw a lot of HD upgraded collections, and they've started doing these with current generations now. These are all physical releases.

I'm going to keep this first post updated - please feel free to share any titles that fit this category.

PS4:
Back to the Future: The Game - 30th Anniversary Edition
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
Deadpool
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
Dishonored Definitive Edition
DMC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
God of War 3 Remastered
Grand Theft Auto V
Gravity Rush Remastered
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition
Megaman Legacy Collection
Metro Redux
Resident Evil Origins Collection
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
The Last of Us: Remastered
The Pinball Arcade
The Walking Dead: Game of the Year Edition
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

XB1:
Back to the Future: The Game - 30th Anniversary Edition
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
Deadpool
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
Dishonored Definitive Edition
DMC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Forza 5 Racing: Game of the Year Edition
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Grand Theft Auto V
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Killer Instinct Combo Breaker Pack
Metro Redux
Rare Replay
Ryse: Son of Rome: Legendary Edition
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
The Walking Dead: Game of the Year Edition
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Re: PS4 and Xbox One - Definitive/Remastered Games List

Post by FerretGamer »

Ryse shouldn't be on this list, it is exclusive to Xbox One as of right now.

You can add some others to the list.

PS4:
Grand Theft Auto V
Metro Redux

Xbox One:
Halo Master Chief Collection
Grand Theft Auto V
Metro Redux
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

FerretGamer wrote:Ryse shouldn't be on this list, it is exclusive to Xbox One as of right now.

I'm good with listing definitive editions of this gen games also - the equivalent of the GOTY ones of generation's past. Falls under "definitive" for me.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Added Injustice: Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition for PS4
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I'm not certain this counts, but the Pinball Arcade package from the PS3 that had season one mostly on it was reissued on a smaller run on disc for the PS4 launch with a few extra season one tables that released since, and they further added a bit more options to it and even finer visuals.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Tanooki wrote:I'm not certain this counts, but the Pinball Arcade package from the PS3 that had season one mostly on it was reissued on a smaller run on disc for the PS4 launch with a few extra season one tables that released since, and they further added a bit more options to it and even finer visuals.

Good call here. In addition to definitive editions, collectors (like myself) like when digital games get a physical release. This is a great example!
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: PS4 and XBO - Definitive/Remastered/Digital Col Games Li

Post by Tanooki »

Cool glad that worked out. I did some reading up on it after I got the PS4 a couple weeks back. It appears to be all of season1 plus a couple extra tables they did on the side that later were just called season2, those they ran campaign/donation drives for due to costs -- star trek tng and twilight zone. You get it all 'offline' on a disc, HD upgrades of the tablet/ps3/pc versions that are even cleaner yet with some other perks.

I bought a copy over the weekend and it has been sitting at the post office on a holiday vacation at the post office a few miles from here since yesterday so I'll be firing that one up in a few hours. :)
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Tanooki wrote:Cool glad that worked out. I did some reading up on it after I got the PS4 a couple weeks back. It appears to be all of season1 plus a couple extra tables they did on the side that later were just called season2, those they ran campaign/donation drives for due to costs -- star trek tng and twilight zone. You get it all 'offline' on a disc, HD upgrades of the tablet/ps3/pc versions that are even cleaner yet with some other perks.

I bought a copy over the weekend and it has been sitting at the post office on a holiday vacation at the post office a few miles from here since yesterday so I'll be firing that one up in a few hours. :)

I don't see GameStop listing this as new any longer. My concern with a pre-owned version is if there are codes within for some table downloads. Interested in what you find out when you pick it up.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Oh that I can clear up for you, there won't be. It's a solid collection of strictly Season One. You can 100% beyond a doubt blame Microsoft and their shitty restrictive policies on releasing games on their crappy xbox live service. MS has been holding up for a LONG time releasing Pinball Arcade Season 2 on there, and part of the deal is that they somehow were able to screw Farsight Studios into having a contract saying other consoles can't have season two either! Because of this, as it stands, the DISC version has no upgrade, it is a stand alone product. If you want to get more, tables of season 3 are up on PSN, but not on a disc, it may go to disc in time once the season is finished, but as of now it is not.

MS because of their bs has NO pinball arcade on disc and no season two since they're just screwing anyone who wants to play it on a console and not on a tablet or pc.

The PS4 version is just the case art (with basic controls printed on the inside), the case, and the disc, nothing else.
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

Tanooki wrote:The PS4 version is just the case art (with basic controls printed on the inside), the case, and the disc, nothing else.

That is good to know, since there are some pre-owned copies of it at a few Gamestop stores nearby. I have a feeling this one will never really dip below a certain price because I doubt they printed a lot of copies.
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.