Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
jp1
Next-Gen

Vita games suitable for 12 year old?

by jp1 Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:59 pm

So, my son is getting a Vita for his birthday next month and I'm looking to build a little collection to go with it. It is the OLED 3G model if that matters for anything.

Currently I have:
Rayman Legends
Little Big Planet
Modnation Racers
Rayman Origins
Sonic All-Star Racing
Little Deviants

I don't mind "T" games as a suggestion as long as the content is relatively mild. He lives in the world so he is already exposed to a little language here and there and fantasy violence is not a big deal. I would take a pass on any kind of God of War or Call of Duty stuff.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
cha cha
128-bit

Re: Vita games suitable for 12 year old?

by cha cha Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:11 am

Tearaway and Hotshots Golf are definitely fun for kids. The rest of my suggestions are covered in your OP. You shouldn't need much more than that to occupy a kid on a vita, if you do need more than 10 games to occupy them, get them some medication for their ADHD or something :P
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: TTT2: Christie/PJack, Bob/Jinpachi, Raven/Zafina » SC5: Leixia, Tira, Aeon, Maxi » SF4: Elena, Rose, Cammy » GGAC+R: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF13: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS5: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
jp1
Next-Gen

by jp1 Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:15 am

Thanks, I haven't seen Tearaway and it looks right up his alley.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

by ZenErik Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:21 am

Project DIVA f
DJMAX Technika Tune
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Magical Beat
Child of Light
Jet Set Radio

Persona 4 Golden is good.. Just not sure if maybe he should wait a couple more years on that. Or perhaps something like Disgaea 4. :)

Plenty of indie games too. Fez, Machinarium, Rogue Legacy, Spelunky, The Swapper, etc.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:36 am

I think a 12 year old would enjoy these:
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
darsparx
Next-Gen

by darsparx Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:44 am

Exhuminator wrote:I think a 12 year old would enjoy these:

Yes definitely :D I beat the latter earlier this year(that really should go on my games beat list once I get back home since I'm about to go out for a little bit....but I did beat it and would definitely recommend it). There's also little big planet vita if he's into platforming games like it. Not to mention there's the jak and daxter collection which I have found to be very fun I just need to play it again and beat 1 :?
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:58 am

Having owned one before, yes. As long as your 12 year old is responsible enough not to rage out or leave it somewhere likely on accident. It's a good system, more sturdy than the PSP ever was, and while the library is small there's plenty enough to keep a non spoiled kid on an allowance happy for a good while as there's options.

I see lots of good suggestions, and perhaps another you could throw in there is Uncharted if he's into adventure stuff. Yes you're often mixing exploration with gun play, but it's one of those T-lighter type things without the bloody mess all over and they don't curse up a storm either. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 if he's into SF2 like clone games may get a heap of hours as well. Katamari Damacy I had when I had the system and it's good.

I only had five games when I had it, Uncharted, Hot Shots, Lumines, Katamari and UMvsC3 and I think all them would be fits.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:18 am

Killzone
jp1
Next-Gen

by jp1 Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:14 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. He has many of the suggested games on PS3, would there be a significant difference other than making them portable? Unique features to the Vita? Still some more I wasn't aware of...so thank you for the help.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:36 pm

Usually games on PS3 with the exact same name are the same game or so close it has that cross play effect like that MLB title that featured it early on. Stuff that is part of a franchise but isn't the same name is something new in the line so stuff like Uncharted or Hot Shots is fresh.
Return to Sony and Microsoft