Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
CavZee
Next-Gen

Re: Not Mainstream PS3 games advice thread

by CavZee Fri May 02, 2014 5:31 pm

Xeogred wrote:
Retrogamer0001 wrote:Anyone play Siren: Blood Curse? I just saw a trailer and it looked pretty damn good...

Really excited to check this one out myself. This series was done by ex Team Silent of Silent Hill 1-4 fame, so yeah. Looks awesome.

Okay, now you have my attention.... :o
Steam/NNID: CavZee PSN: I_CavZee_I
3DS FC: 5456-0768-7231
wclem
Next-Gen

by wclem Fri May 02, 2014 5:39 pm

CavZee wrote:
Xeogred wrote:
Retrogamer0001 wrote:Anyone play Siren: Blood Curse? I just saw a trailer and it looked pretty damn good...

Really excited to check this one out myself. This series was done by ex Team Silent of Silent Hill 1-4 fame, so yeah. Looks awesome.

Okay, now you have my attention.... :o

Anyone over in England want to ship a few of these over?
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Damm64
Next-Gen

by Damm64 Fri May 02, 2014 11:11 pm

You probably have anything i could recommend but still:

-Splatterhouse, this always comes in my head when i think on PS3 games. Fun simple brawler with A LOT of gore. It includes the 3 classics games so even if you don't like the new remake the rest make up for it.

-Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut; so far im into like 3 hours into the game and it is awesome. It has some (if not alot) of performance issues but if you can pass those up you will find a great game.

Those are just the ones i can think of non mainstream; here are some other games i need to get for myself and haven't played yet:

Puppeter; The Darkness, Vanquish and Star Ocean.

Do you have a list of your PS3 games? That could become handy to since im trying to build up my own list with games i want.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

wclem
Next-Gen

by wclem Sat May 03, 2014 5:23 pm

Damm64 wrote:You probably have anything i could recommend but still:

-Splatterhouse, this always comes in my head when i think on PS3 games. Fun simple brawler with A LOT of gore. It includes the 3 classics games so even if you don't like the new remake the rest make up for it.

-Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut; so far im into like 3 hours into the game and it is awesome. It has some (if not alot) of performance issues but if you can pass those up you will find a great game.

Those are just the ones i can think of non mainstream; here are some other games i need to get for myself and haven't played yet:

Puppeter; The Darkness, Vanquish and Star Ocean.

Do you have a list of your PS3 games? That could become handy to since im trying to build up my own list with games i want.

My list is a checklist from RF generation. Basically, if you remove military shooters, sports, racing, hunting, and wrestling games I probably have 80% of the remaining games. That is an estimate so dont kill me if I am wrong LOL. I have most of the games people mentioned, I just hoped this would spur conversation about games and maybe get people and myself to try out some of these.

By the way, was The Darkness good? If you get a chance would like to hear a mini review from you. I have not tried it yet.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sat May 03, 2014 9:11 pm

The first Darkness was very cool I thought, had some Deus Ex moments with character interaction and things like that. Not sure if it's aged well or not, but yeah. It was made by the team who did the Riddick games, which I also really liked.

The Darkness 2 I really couldn't get into much. I finished it, the story had its moments, but despite the gameplay being improved I don't think it left much of an impression compared to the first.
Damm64
Next-Gen

by Damm64 Sun May 04, 2014 8:38 am

wclem wrote:
By the way, was The Darkness good? If you get a chance would like to hear a mini review from you. I have not tried it yet.

I need to get a it first to find out how good it is :lol:
So far i just heard good things about and looks good.

retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:05 pm

Under Defeat HD is a good one that was previously mentioned. Love that there was a physical release.

I'd also throw in Time Crisis Razing Storm (aka Namco Shooting Collection).
Damm64
Next-Gen

by Damm64 Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:27 pm

Now i got the chance to play Siren and The Darkness. Play them, specially Siren as soon as posible.

Nintendork666
Next-Gen

by Nintendork666 Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:26 pm

Here's a few that came to my mind...

Alice: Madness Returns - A bloody cool 3D platformer with a unique theme. I don't know many other games in this genre on the PS3. My copy also included a port of the original PC version of the game's predecessor, American McGee's Alice. This was an especially nice nostalgic treat for me, as my friend and I played the game on his PC quite a bit while we were growing up. I never forgot that game, the PS3 handles it very well. Plays better than w/ the mouse + keyboard - that's for sure.

Remember Me - I haven't played much of this yet, but it's very nice looking and handles quite well. The story seems damn interesting, and the combat is fun. I believe Capcom intended for this game to be a bigger hit than it was, as it is quite well-polished, so the game is a possible overlooked gem. Very cinematic, in general.

Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions - This is a top-notch Spider-man game. Graphics are nice, and there is a ton of variety in the gameplay. I love being able to play as all of the different Spider-men from level to level. Not entirely original, but it steals from the right sources. A must-have for any serious fan of the web-head. Maybe a bit overlooked due to all of the love for the Arkham games. I've still yet to play Web of Shadows, ASM 2, or Edge of Time but this game is definitely worth a look. Awesome villain variety as well.

El Shaddai - Repetitive to a fault, but my god this game is beautiful. Worth playing through just for the visual experience alone. Very quirky, even funny at times, and combat can is a blast before you get burned out on it. This game looks damn good on an HDtv.

NHL 14 - Just a damn good hockey game that a lot of non-sports gamers likely passed up. I love hockey games, and this is a great one. I sort of suck at it, but the old school modes are a blast, especially with friends!
PC [Xeon 1231 + RTX 2070] O.G. Xbox PSP 3000Image
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:54 am

How playable are the Yakuza imports for someone with no Japanese knowledge? I've heard tell that Kenzan is pretty easy to follow just through movement and cinematography, but I don't really know. Is there even an English sub option? Like on an Asian version or something?
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Return to Sony and Microsoft