Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Playing the entire Metal Gear Saga!

by Stark Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:16 pm

isiolia wrote:I didn't think all that much of 3 from the amount I'd played it previously either (prior to playing through the HD edition last month), but I think it just starts a little slow (or takes time to get used to). At this point, I'd say it's the best in the series.

3 is the best in the series for many reasons, most of which are in the latter half of the game.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:49 pm

I might like 4 more than 3.

Yep... :roll: :lol:

I'm a bigger fan of the Solid era I guess. 3 arguably has some of the best villain characters and everything, but yeah.

Really this is just arguing which A+ game is better than A+ game, love them all. :lol:
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

by Violent By Design Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:17 pm

I can't say I've loved any MGS game yet, but I did think 3 was the best, too bad my save file got erased half way into it (well, I actually went really far without saving and died...)
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

by Pulsar_t Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:53 am

MGS2 is still my favourite by far, and 4 simply I pretend it never happened :lol: I mean, even if our whole world was some sort of perverse simulation, it couldn't hold a candle compared to the bullshit in that game!

Since we opened this can of worms: MGS2>PW>MGS3>MGS1>MG1+2>MGS4
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:22 am

I myself am taking up this challenge, as I have never had success in playing the series until recently, finishing and enjoying Metal Gear Solid 1. I am going to be starting up Metal Gear Solid 2 this weekend and am excited and curious to see how the series progresses.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Frag Mortuus
Next-Gen

by Frag Mortuus Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:35 am

Pulsar_t wrote:MGS2 is still my favourite by far, and 4 simply I pretend it never happened :lol: I mean, even if our whole world was some sort of perverse simulation, it couldn't hold a candle compared to the bullshit in that game!

Since we opened this can of worms: MGS2>PW>MGS3>MGS1>MG1+2>MGS4

MGS4 is my favorite!
noiseredux wrote:Frag Mortuus rules.

Sell/Trade/Want List
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:20 am

MGS2 was the one I enjoyed replaying most last year. The first two I replayed a lot (very high replay value, and this is just back when I was younger with more time). But I think it was nice going back to MGS2 and being able to comprehend most of it this time around. The second half is insane and some of the greatest 4th wall breaking you'll ever find in gaming. It completely messes with both the character and you the player, and so many of the weird theories and things it brings up are real issues the world deals with now. It's crazy.

The rest have more character based plots and coherence, but it's the weirdness behind MGS2 that makes me love it so much.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

by Hazerd Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:22 pm

Nice article up on Gamespot about Metal Gear's Past and Future.

Moving Beyond Consoles: The Future of Metal Gear Solid
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/moving ... n=homepage
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

by Pulsar_t Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:54 am

Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Aar1012
24-bit

by Aar1012 Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:06 am

I did the marathon thing with the Halo series back in 2012. Played all of them in the span of a weekend.

If I did this with Metal Gear then I'd have to stick with the original Playstation games. I have the HD collection but it's for the Xbox 360 and I couldn't get used to the controls from some reason. I do have Twin Snakes for the GameCube and, generally, prefer it to the original PS1 game (I have both).

My favorite of the series was MGS2 for it's absurdity, but MGS 3 is a close second. I hated MGS4 because it took itself TOO seriously - it was a step backwards from MGS 3 (which wasn't afraid to mock itself).

My question on MGS 3 is this - Do you play with the Subsistence camera or the original Snake Eater camera? I've never actually played with the Snake Eater camera and can't comprehend how people did it.
Systems Owned: NES, Sega Genesis (Non-TMSS), Game Boy, Game Gear, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis (Model 2), PlayStation, N64, Sega Dreamcast, GBA SP, Xbox, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Xbox 360, Wii, Playstation 3, PSP, Nintendo 3DS
Return to Sony and Microsoft