Wolfenstein new order + Doom Beta?!

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Wolfenstein new order + Doom Beta?!

Post by Tanooki »

That DOOM from what I've seen in pictures so far seems like they discounted D3 which was a hot n cold thing for people and more appears to be like a modern 3D version of how the older DOOM titles worked out. If that's the case I think it could turn out to be something special much like the awesome throwback the Wolfenstein game was, and I'm hoping to get Old Blood shortly too.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Tanooki wrote:That DOOM from what I've seen in pictures so far seems like they discounted D3 which was a hot n cold thing for people and more appears to be like a modern 3D version of how the older DOOM titles worked out. If that's the case I think it could turn out to be something special much like the awesome throwback the Wolfenstein game was, and I'm hoping to get Old Blood shortly too.

There is gameplay footage up on YouTube. It looks way more mobile and open than Doom 3, and there are double-jumps, a certain amount of environmental interactivity(namely you can climb things), instant kills on wounded enemies(I'd say mercy kills, but there is nothing merciful about how you do it), exploding barrels, and a level of interactivity that John Carmack hinted about in FPS design back in the mid-2000s. It looks good.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

any news of the Beta from E3?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

There also appears to be no fall damage.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Between Ack and Popo's posts there, if this place had a drool smiley I'd be posting that.

D3 I have a love/hate thing with, more hate, but I keep it around yet all these years later I still go back to the old one now and again once I've forgotten plenty and it still is amazing. To think D4 is like an apology for the prequel where it teases to be much like the old titles says a lot about the direction iD's new owners want to take these classics as Wolfenstein is stunning and this appears to be in the same way potentially too.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

heard GS was giving out beta keys today. Stopped in when running errands. They told me they couldn't give em out until 6pm. It was 5pm. Went home annoyed.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

That sucks. I got my code with Wolfenstein, almost forgot I had it until the other day.

Been really enjoying the beta so far, wrote about it in another thread. It's refreshing to have an more old-skool arena style shooter on the market. No regenerating health, armor shards to pick up, super-weapon drops, all lovely. The two maps are great as well, full of nooks and crannies to hide in. It's probably best suited for PC (duh) but even as fast paced as it is, it plays very well on Xbox.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Yeah, I've only played one match so far, but I was quite impressed. It's a nice Arena shooter and really old school.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

So far it's just a limited lame multiplayer shoot fest isn't it? I'd rather test drive a first episode of the game kind of like the 90s shareware did. I miss that.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

It's awesome. A nice breath of fresh air after all the CoD/BF overdose over the years.