Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
TheRev
128-bit

Japanese PSN

by TheRev Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:49 am

Last week I got a Japanese PSN. I have NO Idea what is there as I am Japanese illiterate. But I know there are quite a few goodies. R-Type Dimensions is still listed there.

Virtual On is there on PSN too but I have no idea what to look for or how to find it. I know there are a ton of PC Engine games on Jpsn but where they are I have no clue.
Sano
Next-Gen

Re: Japanese PSN

by Sano Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:14 pm

TheRev wrote:Last week I got a Japanese PSN. I have NO Idea what is there as I am Japanese illiterate. But I know there are quite a few goodies. R-Type Dimensions is still listed there.

Virtual On is there on PSN too but I have no idea what to look for or how to find it. I know there are a ton of PC Engine games on Jpsn but where they are I have no clue.

I recently went onto the Japanese PSN Store and found that you would have to pay separate fees if you wanted to do a Japanese PSN+. And I am not sure you even can do one. Just a heads up.
TheRev
128-bit

by TheRev Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:51 pm

I'm just on there to get games not on US PSN. But I wasn't sure what was on there. There seems to be alot the PS1 section is chockfull of goodies
graffix_13
64-bit

by graffix_13 Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:26 pm

I signed up for my Japanese PSN a few weeks ago, and even though I didn't have any Yen to spend and I don't read Japanese I still went to the Japanese store and looked around. I was able to find the PS1 section pretty easy and picked out what I wanted to buy.

I finally got my PS Store Yen card on Friday, so I jumped back on the store. However it looks like they updated it as I can't find the PS1 section anymore! I did find (and buy) DoDonPachi and Einhander as it they were part of a Top 3 genre list (I was only going by the images and the games listed, so I assume that's what it was).

Anyone know a way that I can find the PS1 section? Kind of a long shot asking, because I'm sure it's hard to explain if you don't speak Japanese.

EDIT: Nevermind. There is a tutorial on Youtube that helps guide you if you're lost.
Return to Sony and Microsoft