The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

noiseredux wrote:I'm an hour and a half in. It's... not a great game. Which kind of sucks. I love the setting. I love the XCOM series. It looks fantastic. The story is cool. But the gameplay seems pretty boring so far. I really wish that had gone the FPS-route they had initially planned.

That's the impression I got from gameplay vids I saw when it came out.

But ya know, for $4 it's probably worth the money.

Are there multiple difficulty levels? Is it too easy? Or are the mechanics just pretty mediocre?
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:But ya know, for $4 it's probably worth the money.

I actually got a physical copy for Christmas. But sad truth - if I didn't, I would have bought it no matter. I just adore the series so much that I feel I HAVE to play it.

Are there multiple difficulty levels? Is it too easy? Or are the mechanics just pretty mediocre?

It's not the difficulty thing. It's more - well to be fair, I'm not a big fan of 3rd person shooters anyway. I mean I like RE4. And Alan Wake seemed pretty cool. But most of them feel so samey to me. I don't know.

There's the squad thing, where you can assign roles for your guys. It feels like they were trying to take the tactics of Enemy Unknown and make it action. It just doesn't gel quite right for me. It was a good idea, but I don't like it. I feel like it would have worked better as an FPS - maybe w/ co-op. I commend them for trying but I don't love it. I'll probably keep at it for a while to be sure though.
Damm64
Next-Gen

Post by Damm64 »

I haven't seen a single copy on any game store in my country since it's release...

Damn my country we only play fifa and cod...
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.