Best of Series: Tomb Raider

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Best of Series: Tomb Raider

Post by dsheinem »

Retrogamer0001 wrote:Anyone know what kind of updates the "definitive" version for the PS4/XB1 will have? New weapons, additional areas to explore, new enemies?

I assume it will basically just be the already-superior PC version (with all DLC), now on consoles.
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

dsheinem wrote:
Retrogamer0001 wrote:Anyone know what kind of updates the "definitive" version for the PS4/XB1 will have? New weapons, additional areas to explore, new enemies?

I assume it will basically just be the already-superior PC version (with all DLC), now on consoles.

Somehow, I figured this would be the case. Not surprisingly, the game's price tag is 59.99, so Squeenix is definitely double-dipping.

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

dsheinem wrote:

^ This, plus they've even further updated the models and some of the particle effects.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Stark wrote:
dsheinem wrote:

^ This, plus they've even further updated the models and some of the particle effects.

now with extra grunting and moaning
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

dsheinem wrote:
Stark wrote:^ This, plus they've even further updated the models and some of the particle effects.

now with extra grunting and moaning

And everybody looks more grimy.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

All they really needed to do to sell more copies was to add an unlockable swimsuit for Lara to go through the game with.

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Will this updated version be released for ps3 too?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

RCBH928 wrote:Will this updated version be released for ps3 too?

Nope. Not even for PC apparently.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

I'm going to switch gears here and go old school.

The Saturn version of TR gets knocked but I believe it simply bc ppl forget how blocky the PSX port is. I played them side by side & Laura moves much smoother in SS port & they look comparable.

Also, most don't know original demos were shown on Saturn & Saturn port released ahead of PSX (JPN).

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Jagosaurus wrote:I'm going to switch gears here and go old school.

The Saturn version of TR gets knocked but I believe it simply bc ppl forget how blocky the PSX port is. I played them side by side & Laura moves much smoother in SS port & they look comparable.

Also, most don't know original demos were shown on Saturn & Saturn port released ahead of PSX (JPN).

People tend to have a shock when they look back at 3D games from that era , because many of us remember the "life-like" Tomb Raider, Goldeneye, and MGS . I am personally guilty of this. Once you re-visit a title you get eye pain due to the bad 3D rendered models .

If we go back in time and compare the cartoony jumping Mario on SNES then move to 3D Lara Croft with guns fighting dinosaurs in 3D environment , now it sounds as real as it gets all over again. Its relative.

I do not realize Saturn graphics are worse than PSX , then again I do not notice the 2D fighters are better on the Saturn either