Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3/PS4/PC)

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Opa Opa

Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3/PS4/PC)

Post by Opa Opa »

August 27th.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Man, lot of big releases this year. August seems right around the corner too
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

This comes out at the end of the month... I haven't even been playing the beta that much.

I'll probably still pick up the collector's edition just to have it but I'm not really feeling like playing an MMORPG... at least right now...
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

They did just release the character creator benchmark (the benchmark portion is nearly the same).

CE is actually pretty hard to get a preorder for, or has been at times. I have the PC CE preordered, which hopefully won't get screwed up by needing to update card information. The only place you can get the physical version of it is via the SE store, which is Digital River, who suck.

Anyway, a good number of folks I know from FFXI will be playing this, so I've been playing the phase 3 beta, and plan to be for phase 4/release as well.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Digital River... yeeaahh...

Glad I pre-ordered the PS3 CE at gamestop. I've never had a problem getting a pre-order from them *knock on wood*.

I've only had to use Digital River once but that wasn't a pre-order, but I've never heard anything good about them.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

I've had perfectly fine experiences with them when there are no hangups. No problem with stuff like the Ni No Kuni CE for me (though others had issues I know).

On the other hand, for example, when there was that holiday sale at the SE store for 50% off of (almost) all physical games, I placed a modest order (around $50 of stuff). Due to the demand, some of the items sold out, but the storefront still allowed you to buy them saying they'd ship when back in stock, honoring the price.
What they really meant was, they would hold the entire order until those items came back in stock. Which they did. In May. For an order placed in late December.

To their credit, they didn't actually bill me until the order shipped, and it was all at sale prices, but geeez. When I'd contacted their customer service about it, it was just a basic "yeah, still waiting on more stock" response.

With the preorder, my credit card was cancelled for some vague security reason, and a new one issued. At least Bank of America actually let me know about it, and shipped a replacement card - last time it happened, they neglected to do that. But, since I use that card for preorders, I had to update them. It took five minutes on Amazon, but after hunting around the SE site for a bit, I emailed customer service....apparently they have no mechanism to do it, but when they can't charge the card to ship the game, I'll get a chance to update the information. :|
If it was something I could cancel and redo, then no problem, but the physical PC CE has been "sold out" for a while now.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

anyone else playing beta this weekend?
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Yep. FFXI LS-mates and I have started up on Leviathan. You know. When you can actually create characters on the server you want :lol:
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Unfortunately I didn't have time to play it this weekend. :(

-
On another note, it seems that you cannot pre-order the LE from Gamestop.com. Unavailable.

Don't know if you still can pre-order in stores or not.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Anyone else get it?

(where on earth am I going to put this freakin' huge box?!?)