Killer Is Dead (new Suda51 game!!!!!!!)

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Killer Is Dead (new Suda51 game!!!!!!!)

Post by noiseredux »

Pulsar_t wrote:Even Destructoid gave this a 7

:roll:
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

I really like the game's art direction so I'll end up probably giving it a shot sometime regardless of reviews. :lol:
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I cancelled my pre-order on this. I think I'll wait until it comes down in price and decide then if it's worth it.

Killer 7 was one of my favourite games of the last 10/15 years, but I could not get into No More Heroes at all. It was just devoid of any depth and full of repetitive gameplay and gore that got tiresome after 5 minutes. Lollipop Chainsaw looked liked the exact same kind of game, and this looks again like the same kind of game.
Last edited by Reprise on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

I don't think I've given a shit about "reviews" since I was 8 and my only source of gaming information was magazines.

I had no idea this came out today, let alone this year. I'm not sure how I feel about it as I've barely seen any footage on it. Lollipop Chainsaw was a big step back in the right direction after Shadows of the Damned for me, so I'll be looking into it, but perhaps not buying right away.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I'm learning that content is more important than scores with modern reviews. A reviewer might hate something that you love, or the review may reveal more about the reviewer than the game (like he's weaksauce, or uneducated, etc.)

I already put money down on this. so whether I love it or hate, Suda has my money. If it's keeping in the same vibe and style of Lollipop Chainsaw, I'll probably enjoy it. That's largely why I pre-ordered it, because I love LC. The gigalo stuff people are criticizing doesn't bother me as I'm not easily offended and I realize that this is just a "trend" in the industry right now. It's like we have uber feminists writing every review now and taking games like this, Lollipop Chainsaw and Dragon's Crown to task for stuff like this

I can't wait to see the field day reviewers will have with Senran Kagura Burst

I just want a fun hack n slasher with lots of wackiness, style, creativity and fun. I hope Killer is Dead delivers on all that. It sounds similar to Lollipop Chainsaw in its set up, with the upgrade system, replayable stages, and level ranking system. I've read that the combat is more refined than Chainsaw and revolves around avoiding hits to build up combos. That sounds fun to me.

But who knows? I could end up hating it, but I won't know until I play it, as reviews just aren't reliable enough for me to go by these days. I need to play the damn thing myself
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Picked up my copy today after work, will be playing later tonight when the little ones are asleep. So far the package has that awesome Xseed feel like with the Ys limited Eds on PSP. The soundtrack has its own case and art, the hard cover art book contains great back drop and detail, there's a cardboard slip that holds the game and a big box that holds it all. :shock:

Alots went into the extras, with all the backlash on the sexism and stuff aside, I'm anticipating Sudas biggest & best work yet. I get Suda and his style I want this shit.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Looking forward to hearing what you guys think. Not sure whether to put down $50 on this or what until it's $30 or so.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Got to play for about 3 hrs of this so far, the gameplay is a blend of Shadows of the damned and Lollipop Chainsaw. Hack n slash but more tactical and less button mashy. the graphics are top notch and slightly better than previous games mentioned. The intro hooks you wanting more, Killer is dead could possibly be the best Suda game thus far from what I'm seeing.

Yes it's over the top with hilarious stupidness, but they are done intentionally whether you take it for good or bad it's pure Suda brilliance (plus this game has a darker mature tone). If your fan of his stuff then your in for a real treat with this one,you will notice many things from previous Suda games but re-inspired. Without spoiling much what made his games cult classics are all represented masterfully conjoined in Killer is Dead.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Insofar as I could tell there's no playable demo of this on any platform, so reviews and gameplay footage will have to do. Sometimes even renting the game isn't even worth the trouble. Shadows was above average thanks in no small part to the involvement of Shinji Mikami.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.