The Last Guardian cancelled?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Re: The Last Guardian cancelled?

Post by Hazerd »

How does it matter if GameStop's internal computer system doesnt show it.... its not like GameStop is the lore keeper of games, i cant stand it when places like Best Buy have a release date on their website and people actually go by that date...

It's not out till it's out and i could care less what GameStop says.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

I was once contemplating getting a PS3, but compared to its predecessor the exclusives are hardly mouth-watering.. I reckon the next round of consoles will even have less interesting, unique titles. Only first-party and fundamentalist-mentality devs would consider making big budget exclusives.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Pulsar_t wrote:I was once contemplating getting a PS3, but compared to its predecessor the exclusives are hardly mouth-watering..

I disagree, I find the (first party/exclusive) library on the PS3 to be much better than the PS2's from a quality standpoint.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
equalsign
Next-Gen

Post by equalsign »

Apparently Sony has let the trademark for The Last Guardian expire. As the link says, they can get it back. Still pretty odd, as they received notice and could have stopped it. After TLG's absence at E3, I'm really thinking that the game is dead. It's been 6 months since we've heard any positive news about the game's development.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/09/sony- ... t-it-back/
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

I took my cue when Fumito Ueda left the studio and to me the game became as good as dead. Unless Sony announces something major I suggest you do the same..
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Pulsar_t wrote:I took my cue when Fumito Ueda left the studio and to me the game became as good as dead. Unless Sony announces something major I suggest you do the same..

Too late in the console's life cycle?...

Keep it for later?...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

Probably got shifted over to PS4 at some point making the delay even longer
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

D.D.D. wrote:Probably got shifted over to PS4 at some point making the delay even longer

It would be a console seller afteral...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

elmagicochrisg wrote:
D.D.D. wrote:Probably got shifted over to PS4 at some point making the delay even longer

It would be a console seller afteral...

To us maybe. Many would look at it and question the large, winged, hyena like creature and write it off as weird japanese stuff. Sure, there is a large audience. But I don't see it as a system seller
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

I'd love to eat my words, but this game won't be released, and I'd come to terms with that quite some time ago.
This game's development process reminds me somewhat of Shenmue III: The developers still want the game to be finished and released, but the powers that be have essentially made up their minds on the matter.