Playstation Vita thread

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Playstation Vita thread

Post by dsheinem »

Opa Opa wrote:If it's region-free I'd get a PSV before I get a 3DS.

Rumor is that the Vita will be.

http://kotaku.com/5810218/is-the-playst ... egion+free

I had no idea the 3DS wasn't. How odd.

They also have a report there about the media. Does this look like proprietary memory cards AND proprietary game cards? I would hate to think that they aren't just using a memory stick again for saves, media, and downloads - I want to able to stick it in my computer's card reader...

http://kotaku.com/5810223/remember-the- ... t/gallery/
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

dsheinem wrote:Rumor is that the Vita will be.

http://kotaku.com/5810218/is-the-playst ... egion+free

Word.

I had no idea the 3DS wasn't. How odd.

Yeah, that's a big turn-off for me. I'm really getting into importing games and that's kinda a big deal to me when I consider buying newer systems.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

dsheinem wrote:Does this look like proprietary memory cards AND proprietary game cards? I would hate to think that they aren't just using a memory stick again for saves, media, and downloads - I want to able to stick it in my computer's card reader...

So no MemoryStickDuo's anymore? That would be a bummer.

As far as the system goes, this is a day-1-wait-in-line-if-I-have-to purchase. Or pre-order from Amazon.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Stark wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Does this look like proprietary memory cards AND proprietary game cards? I would hate to think that they aren't just using a memory stick again for saves, media, and downloads - I want to able to stick it in my computer's card reader...

So no MemoryStickDuo's anymore? That would be a bummer.

As far as the system goes, this is a day-1-wait-in-line-if-I-have-to purchase. Or pre-order from Amazon.

I'm on the fence. I want to preorder, but on the other hand, I want a new 24" computer monitor :lol:

Not to mention all the other games I want to buy. I hate being without a job. :x
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
darthmunky
Next-Gen

Post by darthmunky »

I'm not a handheld gamer at all, if I could get one, I'd get the 3DS.
- Check out my Trade List
- Check out my Want List
- My GameTZ feedback
- My eBay feedback
irixith
Next-Gen

Post by irixith »

dsheinem wrote:I would hate to think that they aren't just using a memory stick again for saves, media, and downloads - I want to able to stick it in my computer's card reader...

I imagine this is all part of their super duper mega grand stupendous anti-piracy effort for the next generation.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

irixith wrote:
dsheinem wrote:I would hate to think that they aren't just using a memory stick again for saves, media, and downloads - I want to able to stick it in my computer's card reader...

I imagine this is all part of their super duper mega grand stupendous anti-piracy effort for the next generation.

Which, of course, will only work for about a week until someone figures out a work-around.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

Post by AznKhmerBoi »

Indeed, action pack high quality HD graphic games should be played on the big screen. Thats what the ps3, xbox360, and wii u is for. Handheld should be something enjoyable to look at and play which bring something new to the table.

darthmunky wrote:I'm not a handheld gamer at all, if I could get one, I'd get the 3DS.
PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

I'll be buying it on launch the hardware technical specs and capabilities are very impressive. I'm looking forward to many games such as Uncharted: Golden Abyss. I already pre-ordered my system a few days ago. 8)
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
Droid party
Next-Gen

Post by Droid party »

Opa Opa wrote:If it's region-free I'd get a PSV before I get a 3DS.

Indeed, the ability to import cheap games from overseas like I do on the ps3 is a big draw for me seeing as we get raped on price here in Australia.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.