Dragon Age Origins

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
IcKy99
Next-Gen

Re: Dragon Age Origins

Post by IcKy99 »

i picked this up on the ps3 at bestbuy on black friday for $35. solely because it was similar to KOTOR, and its great! It does have some graphical glitches though, lots of pop-up, frame rate drops with lots of action, some of the transparencies of NPCs hair is really noticeable
nickfil
Next-Gen

Post by nickfil »

IcKy99 wrote:i picked this up on the ps3 at bestbuy on black friday for $35. solely because it was similar to KOTOR, and its great! It does have some graphical glitches though, lots of pop-up, frame rate drops with lots of action, some of the transparencies of NPCs hair is really noticeable

it is glitches and gameplay galore for sure. If you don't mind a game looking nasty from time to time and are a fan of RPGs, you'll love it.

I can't get enough. I've been wanting to finish it off for a while now as i'm approaching the end. Just haven't found the time.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Gotta love Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. I bought Dragon Age and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. So I'm deciding what type of character I want to be until it arrives. I hear Arcane Warriors are powerful, but also boring. Whatever I go with, I'm doing the human noble story first. I actually played a little of the game on a rental not too long ago, but I think I'll start over when my copy arrives
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I'm about 20 hours/ 25% into this game after starting it last week and it's a lot of fun, if occasionally maddening. They just announced an expansion (http://dragonage.bioware.com/awakening), so I want to make sure I am done by then...

Any other new players?
brickiemart
24-bit

Post by brickiemart »

I'm about 30+ hours in. I believe I am close to an ending (I'm finally about to deal with the Blight and resolved the Loghain story arc). It's a great game, but it pains me to say that the console version for the 360 feels phoned in. This may be the buggiest console game I have ever played. I have had to replay a couple parts to get the cut-scene to initialize, The dialogue will cut off for no reason at times, the game out-right crashed on me the other night, and worse yet, I hear (but have not thankfully experienced) that there is a game-killing glitch that can corrupt all of your save files. It is known to happen after a very late point in the game. This game was truly built for a PC.

Those gripes aside the game is great and that makes the bugs forgivable. I'm playing as a female elf/mage/arcane warrior. I love the combo. I mostly made the good moral choices, what story lines did some of you guys play? I'm thinking of doing a second playthrough after I'm done. How much did you like the character/classes/moral-standing you played in the game?
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

I'm about 30 hours in right now, and I'm playing through as a male/human/rogue. I've been having a blast with it, but I haven't had a lot of time to play it recently. I'm going to devote some time to it today since the wife is going over to her mom's place.
env963
128-bit

Post by env963 »

I got this game for christmas, and after 4 hours of boring gameplay, i am putting it on ebay. I dont know why people like this game. I didnt even feel rewarded after playing for 4 hours. I think ill stick to final fantasy. Thanks
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

env963 wrote:I got this game for christmas, and after 4 hours of boring gameplay, i am putting it on ebay. I dont know why people like this game. I didnt even feel rewarded after playing for 4 hours. I think ill stick to final fantasy. Thanks

:shock:
env963
128-bit

Post by env963 »

dsheinem wrote:
env963 wrote:I got this game for christmas, and after 4 hours of boring gameplay, i am putting it on ebay. I dont know why people like this game. I didnt even feel rewarded after playing for 4 hours. I think ill stick to final fantasy. Thanks

:shock:

Exactly how i feel! LOL SOLD on ebay for $30. Im going to just pick up guitar hero metallica instead.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

env963 wrote: Im going to just pick up guitar hero metallica instead.

:shock: :shock: