just thinking about ps2 games

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
davidon

just thinking about ps2 games

Post by davidon »

i was just wondering about when a systems games are actually "safe" to be downloaded from
sites and i was thinking in particular about the ps2?
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

There's no real universally defined rule, but most respectable sites go with 5 years. So if a game hasn't been produced for 5 years, and the console it was produced for is no longer current gen, then it's considered "safe".
davidon

Post by davidon »

shite thats a long time !!!! Oh well have to stick with my trusty dreamcast for now.
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

ya good luck finding a place with PS2 downloads :lol:
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

sotu
16-bit

Post by sotu »

I like blackcats, they've got all the hard to find Ps2 games. A few weeks ago I played GoW2 on the Ps2 for the first time and fell in love with the system. The games are soo much more beautiful and detailed than xbox games.

Anyway to make a long story short. I got a Fat PS2 of my own along with a Network adapter and a 200 gig hdd. Found a copy of HD Advanced and with some searching figured out how to get HDL loaded on my HDD so now I can play practically every PS2 game straight from HDD and the load times are super fast. Can't say enough how happy I am with my PS2!!!
Image Eat dat melon biotch!
Systems Owned: Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, N64, PS2, Genesis
Systems Emulated: Xmugen, PSX, GameBoy Color, GBA, Genesis, NEO GEO, Turbo Graphics16, MameOX Arcade, N64, Killer Instinct, Super Nintendo, NES, Gamegear, Intellivision, Colecovision, Atari, DOS
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

See this is what those monthly plans at different places are needed for:

rent game, rip game, return game

1 monthly fee, all the game you want

if your that kind of a person that is...
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
nightwalker
64-bit

Post by nightwalker »

or you can go to www.bitgamer.com

Its a new project from the guys of underground-gamer. I got an account there and the same guy that did the psx project GBK is doing the same thing on bitgamer but with ps2 and he already did the A letter so its gona be sooner than you think. That guy GBK is a monster when it comes to game collection.

Oh and by the way this weekend its free leeching the same thing as golden torrent weekend but in bitgamer its called free leeching. (wow great name but it works for me hehe)
"The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty"
Amarant Coral
ImportBoy
64-bit

Post by ImportBoy »

It will certainly be a few years before any mainstream sites start offering PS2 ISOs. You also need to take bandwidith into consideration. Most PS2 games are on DVD - can easily add up to quite a few bytes!

As for today, all I'll say is bittorrent is your friend :)
-ImportBoy
Over 700 Saturn Games Available - Downloads, Information, & How To Guides
http://www.sega-saturn.us - kaneda@sega-saturn.us
extrarice
64-bit

Post by extrarice »

Legally, it is never "Safe" to download commercial games without explicit permission from the copyright holder, even when the system they are produced for is long dead and buried. Copyright lasts well past 50 years (I believe it's closer to 90 now, but not 100% sure). Downloading games based on their age or lack of retail presence is close to playing "chicken" with ferocious man-eating sharks (lawyers): sometimes the copyright holder won't care, but sometimes they will. Be careful out there!