Sony says European gamers "don't mind" delays

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
racketboy
Site Admin

Sony says European gamers "don't mind" delays

Post by racketboy »

"European consumers have shown that historically they don't mind [the delays], because they end up buying as many PlayStations, if not more, than the US and Japan."

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/06/sony- ... -releases/

I bet that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Sony simply cant go 1 week without saying something rediculously pompous. Maybe we should just make a generic "Sony is a dummy head" thread, and compile all of these moments.

Oh, and yes, Sony is a singular sentient being, and I will always refer to it as such.
Clockwork
24-bit

Post by Clockwork »

grmlbrmpf...

everytime the same... we`re always the last to get our hands on the new stuff.
i wouldn`t mind a few days...
the prob for me was always the region-lock and i don`t want to buy only imported games (not for all consoles, of course...), so importing a console never really was an option for me.

but what`s really hard, is the price difference in jp and europe. f***, the wii will cost 80 euros more over here, and for what??? if there will really be no region-lock on the wii and most of its titles, i`m really considering in importing it. then it`ll be cheaper (with taxes!) as somewhere around.
know your roots !!!
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Mozgus wrote:Sony simply cant go 1 week without saying something rediculously pompous. Maybe we should just make a generic "Sony is a dummy head" thread, and compile all of these moments.

Oh, and yes, Sony is a singular sentient being, and I will always refer to it as such.

I was thinking the same thing, but I couldn't resist this one -- esp considering I know there are a number of Europeans on the forum
Indy_aka_Rex
24-bit

Post by Indy_aka_Rex »

Clockwork wrote:grmlbrmpf...

everytime the same... we`re always the last to get our hands on the new stuff.
i wouldn`t mind a few days...
the prob for me was always the region-lock and i don`t want to buy only imported games (not for all consoles, of course...), so importing a console never really was an option for me.

but what`s really hard, is the price difference in jp and europe. f***, the wii will cost 80 euros more over here, and for what??? if there will really be no region-lock on the wii and most of its titles, i`m really considering in importing it. then it`ll be cheaper (with taxes!) as somewhere around.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, the Wii is not regionless. It's region locked across its games, GC backwards compat. and Virtual Console titles.

Right now, so far the only console to be "regionless" is the PS3, though the 360 does support regionless titles, but that's up to the developer.
Clockwork
24-bit

Post by Clockwork »

thx, i missed the news bout that last time... another point for not living in the eu...
know your roots !!!
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

As I will say until the day I die:

F*** you Sony.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Clockwork wrote:but what`s really hard, is the price difference in jp and europe. f***, the wii will cost 80 euros more over here, and for what??? if there will really be no region-lock on the wii and most of its titles, i`m really considering in importing it. then it`ll be cheaper (with taxes!) as somewhere around.

I thought it was more expensive for us because we have very high VAT taxes (UK has 19% and some places actually have 25%). I don't know about Japan, but the states don't even usually breach 10% taxes, right?

Ivo.