Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: PlayStation Classic

by Tanooki Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:56 pm

I can agree with your sentiment. I detested the console when it came out year ago, on principle because of Sony, but got it in 2001 and found of time it along with PS3 were the two Sony really hit it out of the park with, while their even systems did little for me. I think the word you're looking for is not showing, all things considered wrong with it, but clowning. It's a true evil clowning what they did with that device.

The only hope is the progress showing each day turns into a stupid easy no-solder required hack of that thing, no lame awful retrolib needed either preferably, where you can load it up with the true classics. Then it'll be worth a benjamin, maybe.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:30 am

I hear lots of places are discounting the PlayStation Classic to $60 already. As far as hacking goes, BleemSync appears to be coming along nicely. They plan to release a PC/Mac/Linux app that will make adding games and cores very easy.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:17 pm

That's in part what is stopping me still with the thing, the current hoops are a bit much for what I'm willing to bother with anymore to have fun. I guess the existence of hakchi spoiled me, but if an app like that is in development for all those formats I'd be far more likely to get on board.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:47 am

Haven't looked into the process after finding out it was hacked. How do you get the hacked image or soft mod code on there currently? Guessing it's arduous today by those comments.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:25 am

Right now it looks like you just download BleemSync, extract it to a USB drive, and name the drive SONY. Then you add games in a specific folder structure and run BleemSync.exe to fix the database. Plug your USB drive into your PS Classic and you are good to go.

So not exactly hard but more work than the average Joe wants to do.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:12 am

Gotcha. Seems about on par with the NES & SNES classic mods although I didn't follow any further developments or do the mod myself. Agree though. Masses won't do this.

bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:09 pm

BleemSync 1.0 is coming out tomorrow. This will include the desktop app that I previously mentioned. https://modmyclassic.com/bleemsync_countdown/

The next release (1.1) should enable OTG support on the PS Classic's power input USB port. OTG support should make a lot more USB storage devices compatible in addition to freeing up one of the controller USB ports. If you don't know what an OTG adapter is, you can see one type in the spoiler tag.

Kuruwin
64-bit

by Kuruwin Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:16 am

Just recently got PS mini for 43 euros. I have only tested it a little so far but seems like it's good machine to play PS1 games when modded. Adding games is really easy at this point. After modding it you just need to hook the PS1 mini to your PC and then you can use a "webpage tool" to easily add games to the device. You don't have to put the games to correct folder yourself nor do you have to worry about whether the format you are using works or not (can't add if it isn't supported)

I haven't tested yet how easy it is to use other controllers with the system but i guess the original pad works with most games.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:13 am

So I just noticed the PlayStation Classic is only $20 on Amazon right now... Should I pick one up? Sounds like modding it to add games is easy, but how does it play? I've heard the emulation is shitty. Does modding it fix that at all? For this price I'm seriously thinking about picking one up!
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:05 pm

$20? I'm seeing $35 and up.

You guys seen the True Blue Mini sticks? Give that a Google.

Return to Sony and Microsoft