Xbox modding

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
AwesomeMonstar
128-bit

Xbox modding

Post by AwesomeMonstar »

I'm sorry if this is already mentioned somewhere, but I'm planning on modding my old xbox and was interested in the best (and easiest) way to do so. If anyone could recommend chips, programs etc. Price really isn't that big of a problem as long as nothing exceeds around maybe 70$. Anyone want to help?
vlame
Next-Gen

Re: Xbox modding

Post by vlame »

AwesomeMonstar wrote:I'm sorry if this is already mentioned somewhere, but I'm planning on modding my old xbox and was interested in the best (and easiest) way to do so. If anyone could recommend chips, programs etc. Price really isn't that big of a problem as long as nothing exceeds around maybe 70$. Anyone want to help?
i have a softmodding kit, i'll let you borrow it for $5 plus shipping both ways.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
fluffy
8-bit

Re: Xbox modding

Post by fluffy »

vlame wrote:i have a softmodding kit, i'll let you borrow it for $5 plus shipping both ways.

I'd have to second that, softmodding worked well for me. Man, I love XBMC!

I haven't gone as far as replacing the hard drive yet, though it's not a big deal for me since I only use my Xbox for XBMC.
crackoaf
16-bit

Post by crackoaf »

What exactly does a softmodding kit contain?
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

crackoaf wrote:What exactly does a softmodding kit contain?
splinter cell, usb drive with softmod (acts as a mem card), usb to xbox wire.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
crackoaf
16-bit

Post by crackoaf »

ok so you already have the stuff loaded onto the memory card? In that case I will definitely take you up on that offer.
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

crackoaf wrote:ok so you already have the stuff loaded onto the memory card? In that case I will definitely take you up on that offer.
cool. this is a rental, you know...
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
crackoaf
16-bit

Post by crackoaf »

Oh totally fine. I just tried to find all the software to do this myself yesterday and found it a huge pain in my ass. I'd gladly pay the $10-15 dollars which I'd have to pay anyway to get splinter cell, a memory card and that usb to memory card thingy so that i could save some time and quickly mod my xbox. PM me and we can work out details.
AwesomeMonstar
128-bit

Post by AwesomeMonstar »

I'm totally down for that soft modding kit if you have another, if not anyone got a link to where i could get one or one they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price?
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

I'd part with mine on a rental basis, but it's a EU pal copy and i'm assuming most of the users here are from the US anyway.

I could create a torrent with all the tools required, they're really not that hard to find though, you just have to know what you're looking for. Took me a week of browsing IRC channels and various forums to get all the things I needed. The only thing you really need is a spare usb cable and Splinter Cell. I'd be very surprised if you couldn't get a copy for less than £5/$10 though.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys