Wii Softmod 2016

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
SpaceBooger

Re: Wii Softmod 2016

Post by SpaceBooger »

I got everything working now except usb loader gx. It sees the games but goes back to the homebrew channel when loading a game. I tried wiiflow and get the same error. I tried updating the ios58, but since I had 4.3 I already had ios58. So I tried wiiflow and same thing, games are there but they won't load.
Any suggestions?
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

This looks similar to the guide I used to set mine up. Basically, you need a few more cIOSs installed to run Wii backups.

https://sites.google.com/site/completes ... stallation
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Sarge wrote:This looks similar to the guide I used to set mine up. Basically, you need a few more cIOSs installed to run Wii backups.

That worked perfectly.
Thanks!
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Is there an easy way to convert a WBFS formatted harddrive to handle GC isos aswell? In the past it was pull everything off the drive, reformat the drive, then load it back up.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

SpaceBooger wrote:
Sarge wrote:This looks similar to the guide I used to set mine up. Basically, you need a few more cIOSs installed to run Wii backups.

That worked perfectly.
Thanks!

Awesome, glad to hear it!

fastbilly1 wrote:Is there an easy way to convert a WBFS formatted harddrive to handle GC isos aswell? In the past it was pull everything off the drive, reformat the drive, then load it back up.

There's apparently an in-place tool to convert from WBFS to FAT32, but I haven't used it.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-conve ... fs.292391/
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Awesome, thanks Sarge
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Also, you may want to back up, if possible. Although that takes away some of the time savings. I certainly wouldn't want to have to re-rip / redownload if things don't go well. :(
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I am going to back up the important ones, but space is limited currently. If I lose it all, its not the end of the world, just really really annoying.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

How large a drive are you using, by the way? I'm utilizing a 128GB flash drive and a 64GB MicroSD/adapter. Was just going to use a 64GB drive I picked up at the local closeout store and keep the 128GB for my travel drive, but it doesn't seem to agree with my Wii for whatever reason. It works everywhere else, though!

That being said, I can't think of any reason I'd really need 128GB of storage all the time on me, so it's all good. Heck, I have a hard time filling up the 32GB I was using beforehand.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I havent done it yet, since it is a TB. I just purged a big project off my NAS so that is the plan next week. Backup the entire drive to the NAS, reformat it usable, then drop everything back onto it. Should take a couple days.