Action Replay PS2

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
Sano
Next-Gen

Action Replay PS2

Post by Sano »

So, I got an Action Replay for my PS2; it is currently on its way here. I want to know if making your PS2 able to read burned games is as easy as the tutorials I've come across actually make it seem? So, if you've had experience with this, please give me your thoughts on the subject.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Action Replay PS2

Post by CRTGAMER »

Sano wrote:So, I got an Action Replay for my PS2; it is currently on its way here. I want to know if making your PS2 able to read burned games is as easy as the tutorials I've come across actually make it seem? So, if you've had experience with this, please give me your thoughts on the subject.

Go the HDFAdvance/HDLoader/FreeMCBoot option with games installed to the internal hard drive with a fat PS2. The games convenient in a hard drive Menu will load so much faster without dealing with a flip top. However, the Action Replay can still be used as a cheat device for disc run games. It can also backup game saves to the PC as well as download completed game run game saves.

Oh and buy PS2 games when possible. They are inexpensive; CDRs and DVDRs make a laser work harder shortening its life. This is worsened when you run the burned games all the time versus the hard drive install.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Sano
Next-Gen

Re: Action Replay PS2

Post by Sano »

Thanks for the information! :mrgreen: