New to Saturn modding

Discuss all hardware and software modifications
Hiryu76
8-bit

New to Saturn modding

Post by Hiryu76 »

I am going to be putting a modchip in my Saturn soon, and was wondering if there is an alternative to the Windows ISO region patcher for the Mac? Also, will cd images burned in toast be ok for the saturn or do I need to be using a pc with nero to burn images? Anything else I should know from any mac using people out there about this that isn't covered in the section of the site for saturn modding?
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

I'm not aware of a Mac region patcher, but I would assume Toast can burn BIN/CUE and ISO/MP3 images fine
Mega-Dan
24-bit

Dont have to solder console itself

Post by Mega-Dan »

you dont have to solder the saturn console itself, you can solder the wire back onto the modchip, then solder a pin onto the wire that connects to the power supply of the sega saturn (giving the mod chip power) this way you dont have to solder the modchip and if your saturn or modchip break you can remove the modchip and put it in a new saturn or remove the modchip and replace it, they are not soldered into place. its a very effective strategy. For me its great because my saturn looks like its survived a war.
rattboi
24-bit

Post by rattboi »

Toast doesn't handle ISO/MP3 compilations.

I've burned these on my mac using cdrdao and mpg123, commandline tools you can get with Fink.
I'm also using a linux script called satburn.pl, with a few modifications to make it work with OSX.