Post Your Non-Auction Goods Here
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Community Parts/Games/Junk Thread

by SamuraiMegas Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:03 pm

(if any of the mods want to edit the rules on this slightly, feel free. This is kinda just the beta version of this idea.)

As I mentioned the other day, the purpose of this thread is to share things from your collections that you have no use for, and want to give it a better home. Controller with a busted wire? Send it over to someone for the price of shipping. If people are willing, we can also keep an eye out for game deals for each other so everyone can pick up stuff cheaper. (ie you find a 50$ game for 5$, but you already have it so you hook someone up here.)

Rules:
1) Don't be greedy. People will be giving things away or at a very low cost, so try to avoid asking for super expensive stuff.
2) If you take from the thread, you're expected to give back to it in some way. It's okay to not have things that people are asking for in the thread, but if you haven't given anyone anything in a while, try to not request a bunch more stuff.
3) Established members only. I'd say 750+ posts or accounts over a year old, or those with multiple positive BST reps and are actively posting on the forum.
4) Post a wishlist of what you need so people actually know what everyone wants.
What should I offer to give away?

Well, whatever you like in all honesty. If you want to be generous, go for it! I honestly don't think it needs to just be games (like if you have a nice jacket you're just gonna give away or something) but we can figure that out with time. This thread is so everyone can get rid of their junk and help out other users.

Hopefully we can build each others collections as a community.

My wishlist:
Master System mk 1 AV cord
Any Virtual Boy Parts (mine is literally just the headset.)
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
This account isn't used much anymore. You can find me on reddit and steam @ SamuraiMegas as well.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

Re: Community Parts/Games/Junk Thread

by Ziggy587 Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:38 am

So I actually have a few things I was offering to RB for free or really low cost.

CRTs TVs and PC monitors (Free + Shipping or meetup): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=52922

Star Trek TOS complete VHS Collection (Really low cost + Shipping): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=52819

I was also thinking about offing a collection of Game Informer magazine, I have a few dozen of them. They would be free plus shipping. I can list the issue numbers if any one is interested in them.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:00 pm

Great thread!

I have two Gamecubes up for offer:
* Both Indigo
* One cosmetically damaged. Has lots of streaking in the plastic, sun damage?
* Both disc drives are out of operation. Perhaps needs a new motor?
* Pay shipping and I'll send them your way. Good for parts.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:27 pm

I have 2 broken Game Gears, and I'm assuming the capacitors on both are broken. I'll give one to anyone who can fix the other if anyone would be interested. i'll pay shipping.

edit: this fix is a lot harder than I remembered, my bad. I can throw in a few bucks if needed too.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
This account isn't used much anymore. You can find me on reddit and steam @ SamuraiMegas as well.
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:44 am

Oh hey, I remember this thread being mentioned. I do have so much stuff - but I'm out of town for about a month.

@ SamuraiMegas - I have one or more GG recap kit(s) and have successfully recapped my currently working one. I also have another parts one (badly recapped from ebay and may have been damaged by the job the ebayer did despite it working when it arrived - nice shell tho), also, my friend says the one I lent him years ago is still working (didn't even remember owning one back then) and I should take it back. I'd be willing to build or trade you a working one for price of shipping both ways to BC, Canada, tho the turnaround may be a couple of months. PM me if you're interested and I'll respond when I'm back home. I'm always sad to hear about someone trashing a fixable console, hence my growing pile of fixable/modifiable consoles and parts that I keep acquiring, despite my lack of turnaround vs stock.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:55 pm

I have a Sinclair Timex 1000 in the original styrofoam. This is the North American version of the ZX81. I picked it up on impulse, but I don't really have any need for it. Would any of my fellow racketeers like to have a Sinclair Timex 1000?
I'd take practically anything Sega in trade (except sports games) please. Or just make me an offer if you have something you think I might enjoy. I like arcade-style pick up and play games. It doesn't necessarily have to be a game. Accessories, controllers, manuals, maps, posters, et cetera. I've been on the lookout for maps to Zelda games and Metroid games for a little while. I'm pretty flexible. Offer me something I don't already have.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:02 pm

Does anyone have a battery cover for an original GBA? I don't care what cover. I'd imagine it would sheep uber cheap.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:29 pm

noiseredux wrote:Does anyone have a battery cover for an original GBA? I don't care what cover. I'd imagine it would sheep uber cheap.

FWIW, you can get one shipped off eBay for what it would cost someone here to ship one to you.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Ba ... SwtfhYqAWr

Or you can get different colors for $0.75 shipped from China!

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:34 pm

I have a set of Altec Lansing VS4121 desktop speakers for the cost of shipping if anyone wants them.

They work, but the volume pot is noisy and there's some humming coming from the sub I think. I know the volume pot can be cleaned fairly easily. I'm not sure if the dirty pot is causing the humming, or if it's a cable issue. Either way, it's free plus shipping to anyone that wants it. Otherwise I'll probably end up tossing them out. You can Google or YouTube search "Altec Lansing VS4121 repair" and find a couple videos about cleaning the pots and maybe so other fixes (I didn't really bother to look that deep).

noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:27 am

Anybody have any Nintendo Power issues they don't want?

I have a bunch of Game Informers, as well as lots of comic books.
Return to Buy/Sell/Trade