Super Famicom & Super Game Boy 2

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
opa
128-bit

Re: Super Famicom & Super Game Boy 2

Post by opa »

Firstly, thanks for the hook up, Ziggy. Not having to wait on a package from Japan is grand.

I spent a good deal of time last night using the SGB2. I like the additional borders that they included however I'm pretty partial to the original ones. Thankfully you can input a code to switch to the original choices.

Also, I got the power supply I referenced in my last post. It is incredibly light weight but seems to work well. No issues with that so far. If you need a SFC power supply it's about the cheapest option I found.

If you have a Super Nintendo/SFC, I can't recommend a Super Game Boy enough. It's the best way to play older GB games if you want to stick to original hardware but don't want to bother with a handheld.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

There are some original Gameboy games that have enhancements when playing on the Super Gameboy, and these enhancements are not available outside of the SGB. SGB enhanced games won't have their enhancements on the GBC, GBA or GB Player for the Gamecube. So a SGB is definitely worth owning for these games.

I ordered something from Japan in early July and I'm still waiting for it to come in!
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Yeah, there's definitely added stuff to miss out on. I played some Game and Watch Gallery 3 last night and in the game select it normally shows a game boy and the controls on the face buttons. On a SGB it displayed the controls on a snes controller. Kinda neat.