Switch dream port wish lists

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Re: Switch dream port wish lists

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I'd like to see a lot of PS2 stuff come over, and maybe some weirder stuff, like the EDF games and Oneechanbara. Really I want Godhand, but that's not likely.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Fallout 4 would be cool. And CrossCode.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

There's so much I want to see on the Switch, for multiple reasons. Firstly, it's my favourite console at the moment. It's perfect for my lifestyle, as a father with a young toddler who seems to be getting less and less time to myself to game, so it's great for being a console I can pick up and play, do a bit in handheld mode for a short while, play on the TV for a bit if I have longer and just put to sleep if I need to pause. It's great. Secondly, I always dreamed of a portable home console, so the Vita was something I really loved, but the Switch feels like what the Vita could have been if it was supported better and lived long enough for an upgrade. Finally, the Switch feels like what the Wii U could have been and should have been if it was possible in 2012, so of course it would be great to have as many Wii U ports as possible.

1. Mass Effect Trilogy
I loved the Mass Effect Trilogy, but I was pretty late getting into them. As most know, the first Mass Effect game remained a Microsoft exclusive for many years and so as a PS3 owner, I had to start the franchise with the second game. Yeah, it had a sort of interactive recap tool so you could get up to speed and could make some of the more important choices from the first game so you could incorporate this into your profile, but it of course lacked context and wasn't really a replacement for playing the first game. For those reasons, I struggled to get into Mass Effect 2. Eventually though, Mass Effect 1 finally made its way to the PS3 as part of the Mass Effect Trilogy boxset (as well as it having a separate digital release) that was released on all of the major consoles... Well, except the Wii U which had just had Mass Effect 3 ported and sold for the exact same price as the whole trilogy was being sold for on the other two consoles. You see, I feel Nintendo got screwed there and yeah, of course there were reasons for it, but it still sucked. I bought a Wii U at launch and I was eager to buy games for it, but I just had to buy Mass Effect trilogy on PS3 because it made no sense whatsoever to buy the 3rd game by itself on Wii U.

Having the whole Mass Effect trilogy on the go would be amazing and I would love to play through them all again.

2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I and II
The first KOTOR is one of my favourite games of all time. I've played it on the original Xbox, I've played it on PC and I've even more recent;y played it on Android. Why the hell hasn't this got a new console release yet? Especially on the Switch? I'd love a chance to play this on the go again, but on a decent handheld, not a crappy Android device.

3. Skies of Arcadia HD
Come on, Sega; make it happen! I've never completed Skies of Arcadia before, but I've come very close at least a couple of times. The last time I came close, I ended up starting a new game from scratch, because I acquired a North American copy which is VGA compatible (the PAL version isn't) and it required me to start again, since the save files are region locked. It's a pain having to get the Dreamcast out to game these days, so I'd love to have it on the Switch so I can play whenever I want.

4. Shenmue I and II
Anyone who knows me knows I'm a massive Shenmue fan. Sega released these HD ports last year on the XB1 and PS4, but have some bizarre policy of only supporting the Switch for some of their releases, which appears to be completely random. Where's the Switch version?

5. Fatal Frame / Project Zero 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
I've only played 2 (both PS2 original and Wii remake) and 5. I could do with some Switch ports... or maybe just a new game, but judging from reviews and online reactions, they get worse with each new title, so a port/remaster would be cool.

6. Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut
This was one of my favourite games last generation and the Director's Cut improved on it in so many ways. It made the boss battles a lot better.

7. Sonic Generations / Sonic Colours / Sonic Lost World
I actually really enjoy the 3D Sonic games and it sucks the only one we have on the Switch we can play portably is Sonic Forces.

8. Panzer Dragoon Saga
PDZ is one of my favourite games of all time. I actually own an original copy of it, but let's be honest, it's ridiculously expensive and it's a crying shame it's locked to Saturn. In my opinion (and I know others will disagree), but it should be as highly revered as Final Fantasy VII and other popular games that released around the same time, but because it came out on the Saturn towards the tail end of its life, it's overlooked, except by retro enthusiasts who want it because it's so expensive and sought after by collectors. The story, the combat mechanics, world, characters and gameplay are all fantastic though. There has always been rumours they lost the source code, but hey, Panzer Dragoon 1 is currently being remade and they have already said they will work on 2 next. Why not do the unthinkable and remake Saga? To be fair, it could really do with being remade. The graphics have aged poorly (1 and 2 on the Saturn on the other hand are still gorgeous games in my opinion).

9. Super Mario 3D World
When this was first released a lot of people seemed disappointed. People seemed to want 'Galaxy 3', but hey, I really enjoyed it to be honest. It was a lot of fun and one of my favourite Wii U games. I'm surprised they haven't ported it already.

10. Resident Evil 7
No idea if this is even feasible, but I want it. I want it a lot.

11. Fire Pro Wrestling World
There aren't really any wrestling games on the Switch (do not even mention WWE 2K18), but Fire Pro Wrestling World could work really well on the Switch.

12. Catherine Full Body
I don't even understand why this didn't come to Switch in the first place (again, Sega being weird. I mean it had a bloody Vita port in Japan).

13. Little Big Adventure 1 and 2
I don't know if anyone here has heard of these games. They're some really weird PC adventure games from the 90s and I loved them. They have recently had some upgraded ports released on PC and iOS/Android devices, so I don't see why they couldn't do some console ports.

14. Nights Into Dreams
I find the original Nights really addictive and fun. It's had a couple of ports over the years, but it would be cool to have this and the Wii sequel ported to the Switch.

15.Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2
Why the fuck did Sega just port the mediocre Wii title? Like... seriously? Wtf?

16. F-Zero GX HD
Best F-Zero title ever. Perfection can't be improved upon, so just upgrade this and port it, yeah?

17. Metroid Prime Trilogy
I don't even understand why this one hasn't been done yet.

18. Grand Theft Auto V
This one is a given. There was rumours back in early 2018, but nothing materialised. It's a shame. Obviously it would be feasible.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Reprise wrote:10. Resident Evil 7
No idea if this is even feasible, but I want it. I want it a lot.

This has kinda already happened, but also will probably never happen-happen. It's been out in Japan for a good while now, but like with one of the more recent Assassin's Creed games, you don't really buy the game. You buy a license for the game, and all the computing is done server-side and it's streamed to your Switch. With Japanese internet power, this is pretty doable, but it also kinda defeats the point of the Switch as you more or less have to be docked to play it. But given that this "port" already exists, I would be initially skeptical that a proper RE7 Switch version will ever materialize, but this is also Capcom, who loves porting the crap out of RE whenever and however they can, so can we REALLY say it'll never happen? :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

yeah I find it unlikely we'll see RE7 properly ported given it's TECHNICALLY already on Switch. I hope I'm wrong. Alien Isolation is coming out, so maybe.

Another I'd REALLY like to see on Switch is Metal Gear Solid V. Oh, man. I feel like it'd be a maybe given that there was a 360 version? I don't know. Fingers crossed.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Oh yeah, I forgot it had a Japanese release via online streaming. I reckon a real port could be done, if they wanted. I mean, The Witcher 3, Doom 2016 and Eternal and the two Wolfenstein games are all on the Switch. Plus loads of first person horror games are on there. Alien Isolation is coming as Noise mentioned.

But yeah, they will probably not bother, since it would require some actual effort and Capcom seem to prefer doing easy and lazy ports of RE4, Revelations etc.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:And CrossCode.

lol they must have been listening to me. :wink:
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/crosscode-switch/
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

@Reprise- Catherine is actually a really good suggestion, though at best I'd hope for classic. Classic would be good enough for me though.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:@Reprise- Catherine is actually a really good suggestion, though at best I'd hope for classic. Classic would be good enough for me though.

Yeah, I'd be fine with the classic edition too. Any Catherine is good. I just want to be able to play it on the go.

elricorico
32-bit

Post by elricorico »

A port I've been thinking about recently would be Fire Emblem:Radiant Collection. Bring the GC and Wii games to one Switch cart. Fire Emblem is as popular as it has ever been and I think it would be a strong seller with relatively low effort to port. I'd buy it for sure.