U Owners: How do you feel about all the Switch ports?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: U Owners: How do you feel about all the Switch ports?

Post by Jagosaurus »

That's awesome man. Roughly ~150 games? That's still quite a set, not the 32x we're talking here!

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

racketboy wrote:
Gunstar Green wrote:I'm all for ports of older to as many consoles as possible. I have a hard time seeing it as a negative to consumers in any way. I'm with Soap, it's less cynical than half-assed remasters which are trying harder to get you to double dip.

This. But also they help reduce the resale value of the Wii U copies I'm buying now for me and my kiddo.
Yay for cheap games on a non-popular console!

+1 to both!

It's generally enhanced ports coming to a console more people have, so it's good all around for people who didn't get a chance to play them on the Wii U. Then on the flip-side, you have the Wii U versions' prices tanking so people who did have the Wii U but not the games now get super good deals! Everyone wins, as far as I see it UwU
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Jagosaurus wrote:That's awesome man. Roughly ~150 games? That's still quite a set, not the 32x we're talking here!

Just about, yeah - 160 plus Axiom Verge.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Elkin, I've seen conflicting lists of the full US retail set. Do you have a certain checklist you used?
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Nah, not really. The additional content is annoying, but I have to acknowledge that the Wii U did so poorly that Nintendo would be leaving money on the table if they didn't port them to Switch.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

noiseredux wrote:Elkin, I've seen conflicting lists of the full US retail set. Do you have a certain checklist you used?

To the best of my knowledge, this is complete (minus the typo of having Starfox Guard listed twice instead of one Starfox Guard and one Starfox Zero, but the total is the same). When I was building the collection, I kept a print-off of RF Generation's checklist although theirs is a bit irritating as even selecting "Group Variants" doesn't fully group variants. >_>

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
noiseredux wrote:Elkin, I've seen conflicting lists of the full US retail set. Do you have a certain checklist you used?

To the best of my knowledge, this is complete (minus the typo of having Starfox Guard listed twice instead of one Starfox Guard and one Starfox Zero, but the total is the same). When I was building the collection, I kept a print-off of RF Generation's checklist although theirs is a bit irritating as even selecting "Group Variants" doesn't fully group variants. >_>

even that one doesn't look quite complete, though. It's missing Axiom Verge, and possibly some Just Dance releases? It's probably pretty close. I've just not been able to find a 100% concrete list of every physical release that's up-to-date in 2019.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

It's missing Just Dance 2018 and 2019 and Axiom Verge, but since it includes Bayonetta and Starfox Guard which never got stand alone releases, the number is correct (except Axiom Verge). If you're including Bayonetta and Starfox Guard, the total would be 163 for North America with Axiom Verge.

Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Dude... I'd love to see a thread on your complete collection. What was the hardest to get? What do you see being hardest to get in the future? What games hold that perfect mix of solid game + lower print run? What are your favorite non Ninty titles? How long did it take you? Start organic or go all out pretty soon after launch? Think it's an interesting topic on a misunderstood library & console.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Jagosaurus wrote:Dude... I'd love to see a thread on your complete collection. What was the hardest to get? What do you see being hardest to get in the future? What games hold that perfect mix of solid game + lower print run? What are your favorite non Ninty titles? How long did it take you? Start organic or go all out pretty soon after launch? Think it's an interesting topic on a misunderstood library & console.

+1