The Super Mario Maker 2 Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Ziggy

The Super Mario Maker 2 Thread

Post by Ziggy »

I am proud to present the Super Mario Maker 2 thread!

Like the thread for the first game, I will volunteer to maintain the first post in this thread for RB created levels. We don't know what the sharing system will be like this time around, so we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

We can use this thread for general game discussion, as well as sharing our own levels or other levels we come across.

Official Nintendo Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjJWzJC8Kfk

Hour and a half long breakdown and analysis of the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vk4JsniVSA

What are your hopes for the sequel?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: The Super Mario Maker 2 Thread

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

My biggest hope is an integrated comment system just like before. It isn't out of the realm of possibility as splatoon 2 was able to do so, but man... If that is missing it will be a severe knock against it.

That was how I got likes and people playing. I was a firm advocate for the grass roots campaign offering up helpful advice and encouragment to others and it ALWAYS paid off. I looked back recently on my Mario maker levels that I made back in the November of its launch year and they are still all up with tons of likes. Not YouTuber torture level likes, but I was happy with what I got.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:My biggest hope is an integrated comment system just like before. It isn't out of the realm of possibility as splatoon 2 was able to do so, but man... If that is missing it will be a severe knock against it.

Yeah, I'd be pretty pissed if it lacked a comment system.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:That was how I got likes and people playing. I was a firm advocate for the grass roots campaign offering up helpful advice and encouragment to others and it ALWAYS paid off. I looked back recently on my Mario maker levels that I made back in the November of its launch year and they are still all up with tons of likes. Not YouTuber torture level likes, but I was happy with what I got.

My biggest hope is a better rating system. We've talked about it in some length in the thread for the first game, but yeah, that needs to be fixed. It's such a pain in the ass putting a lot of time into a level only to have it perma-banned because know one starred it.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

New Japanese trailer reveals more new content...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeLIBBarq8Y
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Did anyone catch the Super Mario Maker 2 Direct? Lots of content shown off here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaCK6fdVXK0

GameXplain discussion of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfGbW45VM8A
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Oh man I watched that direct and I was salivating!!! I can not wait to make some co-op levels!!!! I am beyond excited to make stuff they added everything I wanted and so much more... AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

Basically my reaction.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Just a little over two weeks until the game is released!

So here's a thought: Super Mario Maker 2 should support using a USB mouse.

The first Super Mario Maker on the Wii U utilized the Gamepad, naturally. But the way the Wii U worked, you could use the touch screen of the Gamepad to build levels but test and play levels on the TV. And it was seamless. But that is not the case with the Switch. You can use the touchscreen to build levels, but you would have to dock it to play on the TV, making it a huge pain to rapidly switch between the two.

If Nintendo would allow for a USB mouse as a controller option though, it would solve this problem. You could leave the Switch docked to place on the TV, and have the ability to build levels with the same level of ease (using a mouse and stylus on a touch screen are very comparable). The only annoyance would be having to put the mouse down and pick up a controller. But I would much rather juggle a mouse and a controller than have to either A) use a controller with a joystick to build levels or B) play the game entirely in handheld mode.

Honestly, there's no reason Nintendo shouldn't include this as an option. The dock already has USB ports and I'm guessing it would be some real simple code to use a USB mouse. It would be there for the people that prefer it, but it would be optional for the people that would rather just use a controller or play in handheld mode or care less.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Wait... can’t you just play the levels on the same game pad you build on? Don’t most switch users just play in handheld mode?

Don’t get me wrong; I’m always in favor of more control modes. Mouse support would be cool albeit unlikely.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

samsonlonghair wrote:Don’t most switch users just play in handheld mode?

Not I. I play almost exclusively in docked TV mode.