NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
racketboy
Site Admin

Wii "Light Gun" Rail Shooter Library

by racketboy Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:37 am

So after doing my recent Wii article updates, I had a number of people talking about how the Wii was so nice for playing modern versions of "Light Gun" games on modern TVs.

I dug up this old guide that we had
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/the-stat ... on-the-wii

The question is: are there any significant games in the genre that we didn't mention here?
Any other improvements we could make?
JoeAwesome
128-bit

Re: Wii "Light Gun" Rail Shooter Library

by JoeAwesome Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:46 pm

Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns looks like an omission to be included.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:05 pm

JoeAwesome wrote:Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns looks like an omission to be included.

Ah! I knew we were missing something! That was one that was fresh on my mind too this past month
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:18 pm

There was this one called Chicken Blaster that I came across some years back. IIRC, I gave it away to a forum member here. It's by no means any real competition to the games already on the list, but I felt like it might have been a good choice for people with children. I can't remember who I gave it to, but I'm pretty sure it was someone with kids. I'd be curious to know how it worked out for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k_Hzi70RlE

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:03 pm

I think there's at least one case of a hunting game that plays similar to a rail shooter on the system. Pretty sure it's one of the Cabela's games, but I can't say for sure. I want to say it was one of the dangerous hunts games.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:01 am

Believe it or not, Mad Dog Mcree was ported to the Wii. It's absolutely terrible. I cannot recommend anyone spend money on this game. Since you asked, there it is.
JoeAwesome wrote:Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns looks like an omission to be included.

Good call! I love playing these in my Wii.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:There was this one called Chicken Blaster that I came across some years back. IIRC, I gave it away to a forum member here. It's by no means any real competition to the games already on the list, but I felt like it might have been a good choice for people with children. I can't remember who I gave it to, but I'm pretty sure it was someone with kids. I'd be curious to know how it worked out for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k_Hzi70RlE

That was me. My kids loved it... until they sampled the crack called Fortnite.

There is also a Nerf game that would work for a revamed article. It came with a real Nerf gun that you could swap out the innards with a Wii Remote.
Nerf N-Strike and Nerf N-Strike Elite
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:30 pm

Ha! That's pretty cool!
Return to Nintendo