Famicon Classic (English Translation Possible)

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Rydon
24-bit

Famicon Classic (English Translation Possible)

Post by Rydon »

Does anyone know if you could get a famicom classic and add in English translations to all the games? I know you would need to hack it, but has anyone done this or something close to it? I am watching a Final Fantasy retrospective and it is currently on FF III (Famicom) and this game is just so epic. I was thinking about why Square never just translated the NES/Fami version to English and released it. I know that they would need to do something "bigger", i.e. make a 3d remake for a popular system, in order to get good sales. But, they release the FF II and FF III Famicom versions digitally in Japan a good bit, so I thought that it would probably interest some of the English speaking audience to have the OG version translated.
Anyway, I know that Square doing this is slim to none, so I thought a famicom classic translated would be one of the next best things. I have played the game on emulator translated, and also have the DS 3d remake, but the NES/Fami version is just so amazing to behold. Especially if you recently beat FF I on NES and then jump to III. It is pretty crazy what they crammed into that game.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Re: Famicon Classic (English Translation Possible)

Post by GSZX1337 »

Couldn't you just get an NES Classic and load it with the translated ROM you're wanting to play?
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Rydon
24-bit

Post by Rydon »

GSZX1337 wrote:Couldn't you just get an NES Classic and load it with the translated ROM you're wanting to play?

Yeah, I could do that, but I also can just play the game on a Raspberry Pi translated also. I like the idea of a fully translated Famicon Classic, with just those games. Sorta like I get to experience of what the Japanese players got with a Famicon Classic, but without having to learn Japanese :lol: I realize it is an odd sorta request, but I was just curious if it was something that others had done and/or thought about.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

I gotcha. I can see the appeal of using a miniature Famicom. A quick Google search reveals that the hakchi software used to mod the NES Mini also works for the Famicom Mini, so it should be easy to mod and add your own ROMs to like the NES Mini.
Rydon
24-bit

Post by Rydon »

GSZX1337 wrote:I gotcha. I can see the appeal of using a miniature Famicom. A quick Google search reveals that the hakchi software used to mod the NES Mini also works for the Famicom Mini, so it should be easy to mod and add your own ROMs to like the NES Mini.

Cool, thanks. I have not gotten into hacking any of the min/classic consoles so I have very limited knowledge on it. I will check out the hakchi stuff then, and (maybe) try and get a famicon classic for a reasonable price. Thanks again
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Rydon wrote:...(maybe) try and get a famicon classic for a reasonable price.

That's gonna be the hard part...
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Also keep in mind size isn't a limit, if you're smart about it. Get a USB bypass plus a thumb drive of whatever size. Run hakchi on the console that allows for that, load whatever to the stick, plug it into the bypass in the back and off you go.