Favorite Nintendo IP

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Favorite Nintendo IP

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I don't know if we've already had a thread for this, and I'm far too lazy to look, but we were talking about it on the Slack channel this morning, and I think it would make an interesting forum discussion.

My all-time favorite Nintendo IP is definitely Fire Emblem. I'm a sucker for SRPGs, and I'm in the minority who's consistently satisfied with Fire Emblem characters and narratives.

My top five would be:

1. Fire Emblem
2. Legend of Zelda
3. Super Mario
4. Metroid
5. Mario Kart
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: Favorite Nintendo IP

Post by Gunstar Green »

Metroid is my number 1 by a large margin.

It's hard to say after that because they're all good in their own ways and are often hit and miss for me.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Xenoblade. After that, I'm not sure. I like Metroid a lot but not as much as I used to. Earthbound/Mother series might be second.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

As someone born in 1987 on the NES, my answer doesn't differ much from What 5 games define you as a gamer? - ie Zelda and Metroid are leagues above the rest and it's awesome to have been there with their beginnings.

Mario was my first and I've always been a casual fan and play most of the main entries. But Zelda and Metroid were more than just games even when I was a kid. Game changers.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Not sure, but could we do most disliked (active this century) Nintendo IP too.? I'd love to see the lists and reasons as everyone always gushes but rarely gets critical.

Favorite to me is Mario, but not any, Super Mario Bros/World style -- not 3D, and definitely not NewSMB either. Zelda is secondary to it, too many stinkers in there while Mario been consistent. After that tough call, probably Metroid or F-Zero as they've been solid, but so has Kirby too but it has some boring and questionable outings too so they'd go after.

Perhaps first post could generate a list of active IP from them, not everyone may remember them all well enough to put up an order and I probably would update this post or another.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Probably:

1. Zelda
2. Mario
3. Metroid
4. F-Zero
5. Mario Kart

But I'm not 100% sure on that. I feel that Pikmin and, more recently, Splatoon deserve some love, but I'm not sure they're worthy of being in the top 5 above those titles. At least just yet. I love Pikmin, but for some reason I always end up never completing those games. Other than the first game, I don't think I've beaten any of the other Pikmin games.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Tanooki wrote:Not sure, but could we do most disliked (active this century) Nintendo IP too.? I'd love to see the lists and reasons as everyone always gushes but rarely gets critical.

No, nobody ever gets critical on this forum. Ever. :lol:
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Segata wrote:Xenoblade

That's an interesting one since Nintendo acquired the Xeno IP but didn't create. Good pick.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.