NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Betagam7
128-bit
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:27 am
Location: obsoleteworlds.com

Re: Storing and displaying old GB cartridges

by Betagam7 Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:52 am

samsonlonghair wrote:Good looking collection, Beta.
Betagam7 wrote:I guess since these are used for store displays the Chinese manufacturers don't put much polish on them.

I though putting nail polish on them was the whole point. :wink:


Haha, I didn't even intend that pun.

I actually have about 60 GB titles in total but most are in storage along with the majority of my physical collection. These are just the ones I have with me over here.

I'm going to order a few more of these things though as I have tons of GB sized carts for the Supervision and Megaduck that need some displaying...well, perhaps the Supervision art is better off hidden away in a dark closet.

Image
User avatar
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5188
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:11 pm
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Storing and displaying old GB cartridges

by samsonlonghair Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:57 am

That tennis player looks disappointed with himself for being on the Watara supervision.
ejamer
128-bit
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:00 pm

Re: Storing and displaying old GB cartridges

by ejamer Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:37 am

Betagam7 wrote:...


Great looking photos!

I know this takes a lot of space for display, but when I see a nice collection laid out that way it makes me want to engage with it - to look over the games closer, or to actually pick one out and start playing.
:lol:
Betagam7
128-bit
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:27 am
Location: obsoleteworlds.com

Re: Storing and displaying old GB cartridges

by Betagam7 Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:38 am

samsonlonghair wrote:That tennis player looks disappointed with himself for being on the Watara supervision.


I can never quite get over that face...or the idea that somebody looked at it and thought "nailed it, that's the exact expression we are looking for to sell this exciting tennis game".

I'd love to find out who was responsible for Supervision artwork in general. it's all so uniformly nightmarish.
Betagam7
128-bit
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:27 am
Location: obsoleteworlds.com

Re: Storing and displaying old GB cartridges

by Betagam7 Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:44 am

samsonlonghair wrote:That tennis player looks disappointed with himself for being on the Watara supervision.


I can never quite get over that face...or the idea that somebody looked at it and thought "nailed it, that's the exact expression we are looking for to sell this exciting tennis game".

I'd love to find out who was responsible for Supervision artwork in general. it's all so uniformly nightmarish.

ejamer wrote:Great looking photos!

I know this takes a lot of space for display, but when I see a nice collection laid out that way it makes me want to engage with it - to look over the games closer, or to actually pick one out and start playing.
:lol:


Yep, that's the appeal for me too. I've had most of these in a pencil case inside a cupboard before I got this. Now I might actually get around to playing and beating some of them!
User avatar
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11933
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Storing and displaying old GB cartridges

by CRTGAMER Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:31 am

Betagam7 wrote:I actually have about 60 GB titles in total but most are in storage along with the majority of my physical collection. These are just the ones I have with me over here.

I'm going to order a few more of these things though as I have tons of GB sized carts for the Supervision and Megaduck that need some displaying...well, perhaps the Supervision art is better off hidden away in a dark closet.

A good idea utilizing the space underneath for boxes and manuals. Though it would hide some of the carts, it looks like you can fit maybe 3 to 5 games in each slot? Alphabetized would help for quickly locating a title to play. The tray takes room, but with the added carts you can increase the storage from 25 to over a hundred! Your favorites can also be placed at the front of each slot.

Betagam7 wrote:Image
Image
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Image
Image
Betagam7
128-bit
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:27 am
Location: obsoleteworlds.com

Re: Storing and displaying old GB cartridges

by Betagam7 Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:51 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:
Betagam7 wrote:I actually have about 60 GB titles in total but most are in storage along with the majority of my physical collection. These are just the ones I have with me over here.

I'm going to order a few more of these things though as I have tons of GB sized carts for the Supervision and Megaduck that need some displaying...well, perhaps the Supervision art is better off hidden away in a dark closet.

A good idea utilizing the space underneath for boxes and manuals. Though it would hide some of the carts, it looks like you can fit maybe 3 to 5 games in each slot? Alphabetized would help for quickly locating a title to play. The tray takes room, but with the added carts you can increase the storage from 25 to over a hundred! Your favorites can also be placed at the front of each slot.

Betagam7 wrote:Image


I get what you mean...although I wasn't talking about putting boxes and manuals under the carts as much as storing them under the actual unit itself as the back is open and the inside is completely hollow. That way they are hidden and protected but can be puled out easily.

If you wanted to stack carts in the device in the manner you mention (great idea by the way) then I just checked and each slot is the width of four carts so the total number of carts you could stack in the device would be 100 games with 25 front facing artworks.
Return to Nintendo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests