Have you given up on buying SNES?/Cheap SFC recommendations

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Octopod
Next-Gen

Re: Have you given up on buying SNES?/Cheap SFC recommendati

Post by Octopod »

Gunstar Green wrote:The Great Battle series has a lot of cool games in it. May favorite is IV because it's an action platformer (I wrote a bit about it here actually: viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=32&t=46972). V is a parody of Wild Guns of all things.

III is an excellent beat'em up though. I highly recommend it.

I have 1,3 and 4 from this series but I have been thinking of picking up the dodge ball and soccer games too. Do you have an opinion on those? I haven't grabbed V because of the cost and watching videos it seems only two short levels play like Wild Guns with the bulk of the game being more like Sunset Riders. Still tempted by it though.
Betagam7
128-bit

Re: Have you given up on buying SNES?/Cheap SFC recommendati

Post by Betagam7 »

Octopod wrote:
Gunstar Green wrote:The Great Battle series has a lot of cool games in it. May favorite is IV because it's an action platformer (I wrote a bit about it here actually: viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=32&t=46972). V is a parody of Wild Guns of all things.

III is an excellent beat'em up though. I highly recommend it.

I have 1,3 and 4 from this series but I have been thinking of picking up the dodge ball and soccer games too. Do you have an opinion on those? I haven't grabbed V because of the cost and watching videos it seems only two short levels play like Wild Guns with the bulk of the game being more like Sunset Riders. Still tempted by it though.

I recently picked up the two Gaiden games, the first for Game Boy the second for SFC. The GB game seems like a platform puzzler akin to Lost Vikings. The SFC game is odd...it seems to be a side scrolling simplistic platformer with a ton of bonus games like Breakout and a Horizontal shooter...it's too odd for me to categorise at the moment. The whole series really does seem under-rated and the games are generally so cheap (excluding the latter SNES games)...these two cost me less than $5.