NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Tanooki
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Re: Friends of Nintendo Humble Bundle

by Tanooki Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:36 pm

PartridgeSenpai wrote:I'm moderately interested in Freedom Planet and RCR, but other than that I think I'll wait and see. I really didn't dig how hard it was to find where it was to go next in the DSi Shantae, so I just have that history weighing on my not-excitedness on the 3DS one.


Feel much the same but of the GBC game I had around 5 years ago now. The general design was fine as far as play went, but just feeling lost most the time and randomly running around does nothing for me like it did when it was acceptable and normal in the 80s on the old NES/SNES era stuff.
User avatar
alienjesus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 8364
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: Friends of Nintendo Humble Bundle

by alienjesus Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:42 am

Rhythm Thief is the only game I had from this lot, so I went for the full set.

If anyone hasn't got Rhythm Thief, they should. It's a lot of fun.
Image
Tanooki
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Re: Friends of Nintendo Humble Bundle

by Tanooki Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:59 am

I was curious about that, which timing or music based games would it best compare to? If it's like Rhythm Heaven I'd not touch it, but if it's more like Elite Beat Agents, the Final Fantasy music games, etc stuff like that it could be fun.
User avatar
alienjesus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 8364
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: Friends of Nintendo Humble Bundle

by alienjesus Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:03 am

Tanooki wrote:I was curious about that, which timing or music based games would it best compare to? If it's like Rhythm Heaven I'd not touch it, but if it's more like Elite Beat Agents, the Final Fantasy music games, etc stuff like that it could be fun.


It might be a bit hit and miss with you then, because the answer is that it's kinda like both. There are a variety of different mini-games, some of which offer call and response style gameplay like Space Channel 5 or Rhythm Heaven, some of which require timing actions to the beat (which is very Rhythm Heaven) and some which are a little more classic in their execution - some sort of visual display of what buttons to hit next in time with the beat.

I'd say it leans much more to the Rhythm Heaven side of things overall personally, but that's OK by me as I adore those games.
Image
User avatar
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10991
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:26 pm
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina

Re: Friends of Nintendo Humble Bundle

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:49 am

User avatar
strangenova
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1230
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:10 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: Friends of Nintendo Humble Bundle

by strangenova Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:59 am

Stealing from charity....that's low, like really low.
User avatar
Sarge
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7273
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:08 pm

Re: Friends of Nintendo Humble Bundle

by Sarge Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:08 pm

Eh, it's not really stealing from charity. Only a portion of the proceeds go to charity, and I'm assuming that they bought the bundle and are selling the extra keys. Of course, you're technically not supposed to do that, but you're also technically not supposed to trade or give away keys, either.
User avatar
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5051
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 9:32 pm
Location: Outside Philly, PA

Re: Friends of Nintendo Humble Bundle

by retrosportsgamer Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:17 pm

Man, if I didn't grab Freedom Planet on a recent sale, this would look SUPER attractive. As it is, i'll still go in for the "above the average" lot.

SF IV and Darksiders just take up a ton of space and physical copies are out there. Not in my wheelhouse.
Image
User avatar
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7613
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Henderson, North Carolina

Re: Friends of Nintendo Humble Bundle

by ElkinFencer10 Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:20 pm

retrosportsgamer wrote:Man, if I didn't grab Freedom Planet on a recent sale, this would look SUPER attractive. As it is, i'll still go in for the "above the average" lot.

SF IV and Darksiders just take up a ton of space and physical copies are out there. Not in my wheelhouse.

Yeah, I've got a 2 TB HDD on my Wii U, so Darksiders didn't worry me (even though I already have the disc), but my free space on my 3DS dropped from 50k blocks to 13k blocks with this bundle. Might be time to upgrade from 16 GB to 32 GB...
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Image
User avatar
fastbilly1
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13723
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:08 pm

Re: Friends of Nintendo Humble Bundle

by fastbilly1 Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:21 pm

Sarge wrote:Eh, it's not really stealing from charity. Only a portion of the proceeds go to charity, and I'm assuming that they bought the bundle and are selling the extra keys. Of course, you're technically not supposed to do that, but you're also technically not supposed to trade or give away keys, either.

They are selling the Wiiu Keys on another auction.

I am going to buy the BTA level at least, though the top tier is tempting.
Return to Nintendo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests