Friends of Nintendo Humble Bundle

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Friends of Nintendo Humble Bundle

Post by Tanooki »

PartridgeSenpai wrote:I'm moderately interested in Freedom Planet and RCR, but other than that I think I'll wait and see. I really didn't dig how hard it was to find where it was to go next in the DSi Shantae, so I just have that history weighing on my not-excitedness on the 3DS one.

Feel much the same but of the GBC game I had around 5 years ago now. The general design was fine as far as play went, but just feeling lost most the time and randomly running around does nothing for me like it did when it was acceptable and normal in the 80s on the old NES/SNES era stuff.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Rhythm Thief is the only game I had from this lot, so I went for the full set.

If anyone hasn't got Rhythm Thief, they should. It's a lot of fun.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I was curious about that, which timing or music based games would it best compare to? If it's like Rhythm Heaven I'd not touch it, but if it's more like Elite Beat Agents, the Final Fantasy music games, etc stuff like that it could be fun.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Tanooki wrote:I was curious about that, which timing or music based games would it best compare to? If it's like Rhythm Heaven I'd not touch it, but if it's more like Elite Beat Agents, the Final Fantasy music games, etc stuff like that it could be fun.

It might be a bit hit and miss with you then, because the answer is that it's kinda like both. There are a variety of different mini-games, some of which offer call and response style gameplay like Space Channel 5 or Rhythm Heaven, some of which require timing actions to the beat (which is very Rhythm Heaven) and some which are a little more classic in their execution - some sort of visual display of what buttons to hit next in time with the beat.

I'd say it leans much more to the Rhythm Heaven side of things overall personally, but that's OK by me as I adore those games.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Stealing from charity....that's low, like really low.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Eh, it's not really stealing from charity. Only a portion of the proceeds go to charity, and I'm assuming that they bought the bundle and are selling the extra keys. Of course, you're technically not supposed to do that, but you're also technically not supposed to trade or give away keys, either.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Man, if I didn't grab Freedom Planet on a recent sale, this would look SUPER attractive. As it is, i'll still go in for the "above the average" lot.

SF IV and Darksiders just take up a ton of space and physical copies are out there. Not in my wheelhouse.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

retrosportsgamer wrote:Man, if I didn't grab Freedom Planet on a recent sale, this would look SUPER attractive. As it is, i'll still go in for the "above the average" lot.

SF IV and Darksiders just take up a ton of space and physical copies are out there. Not in my wheelhouse.

Yeah, I've got a 2 TB HDD on my Wii U, so Darksiders didn't worry me (even though I already have the disc), but my free space on my 3DS dropped from 50k blocks to 13k blocks with this bundle. Might be time to upgrade from 16 GB to 32 GB...
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Sarge wrote:Eh, it's not really stealing from charity. Only a portion of the proceeds go to charity, and I'm assuming that they bought the bundle and are selling the extra keys. Of course, you're technically not supposed to do that, but you're also technically not supposed to trade or give away keys, either.

They are selling the Wiiu Keys on another auction.

I am going to buy the BTA level at least, though the top tier is tempting.