Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by Jagosaurus »

Ok, cool. Assuming the 8bitdo controllers to Switch use Bluetooth versus USB to dock, correct?

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Jagosaurus wrote:Pretty interested in a switch lite actually....

Any1 picking one up?

Random question. I know the kickstand is removed. I have a phone stand I use when around a desk, etc. A pro controller should sync still right? Just no TV/dock.

My wife got one and seems to really like it. I'm seriously impressed by how light and comfortable it is. It feels way more comfortable to hold than the normal model. I suspect my left hand won't cramp up on it like it does with the normal model.

I'm not sure about syncing other controllers to it, we haven't tried that.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I've been wanting to get a second dock for my Switch for a while now, but brand new they're kind of pricey. I know you can get third party ones for cheap, but I haven't felt like dealing with how sketch they look. But I was able to get a refurbished one from Nintendo's online store for an OK price.

The dock itself is $40, which includes nothing else. But you can also get a refurbished AC adapter for $20, and I'll just use whatever spare HDMI cable I have lying around.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/br ... =cat960088

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/br ... =cat960088
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

RE: Final Fantasy VII and VIII - has a US physical release been announced? I know the Asian region version is both games on one cart (confirmed, no download) and has English option.

RE: Switch Light - no TV output, but yes, controllers can be synced to it.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Apparently I'm late to the news but I was just informed about the Sega Ages edition of Phantasy Star on the Switch. Apparently they made the game more approachable with auto-mapping and some other changes. I've been dying to check out the first Phantasy Star but never really wanted to emulate and bust out the graph paper. I am more tempted but still uncertain about getting a Switch at this point.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

The Switch rules. Get one!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

There's about a billion games on the Switch now. Just about all the indie hits, plenty of ports across last and current gen, more cool looking Sega Ages related releases and dozens of NEOGEO games. Old school fans can get a lot of mileage out of it for sure.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

I know there's a ton of downloads to check out. There's one other game I know I'd love to play. It's like a cat metroidvania. Robo Gato? Gato Roboto? I can't remember the exact title but you're a cat in a robot suit.

Do they have a real account system yet?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Switch is absolutely god-tier, and the only current gen system I care about.

Excellent first-party library, solid ports of older titles, lots of weird/awesome indie shit, insane retro library.

Also, Phantasy Star is one of the best games ever, period. Play it immediately.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

opa wrote:I know there's a ton of downloads to check out. There's one other game I know I'd love to play. It's like a cat metroidvania. Robo Gato? Gato Roboto? I can't remember the exact title but you're a cat in a robot suit.

Do they have a real account system yet?

Still Friend Codes... :lol: :roll: