Switch Discussion Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
opa
128-bit

Re: Switch Discussion Thread

Post by opa »

I kept myself from going crazy with the sales but I did grab Gato Roboto and Phantasy Star. Gato Roboto is freakin awesome. I only got to play Phantasy Star a minute but it seems like a cool conversion. Swapping between the original soundtrack and fm synth is pretty neat. Not sure which I'll play with.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Switch Online is adding new games next week...

Super Punch-Out - meh.

Journey To Silius - YES!

Kirby Super Star - ??? What even is this? "8 games"?

Star Fox 2 - holy crap. This makes me really happy.

Crystalis - weird considering the NES port is on the SNK 40th Anniversary collection. Great game, though.

Breath Of Fire II - no comment. I still haven't played the first.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

noiseredux wrote:Kirby Super Star - ??? Woah. Is this like Mario All Stars for Kirby? I didn't even know this existed.

Sadly, that isn't what Super Star is. The anniversary collection on Wii is more akin to what you're describing (and it's a pretty good collection by all accounts).

Kirby Super Star is a collection of smaller Kirby experiences in one fantastic package. One of the best Kirby games ever made, in my opinion. 4 small to extra medium-sized Kirby adventures in one package with a fantastic co-op mode. It's one of the best action games on SNES in my book :D
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Superstar set the bar for Kirby games.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

noiseredux wrote:Kirby Super Star - ??? What even is this? "8 games"?

It's not a true compilation. It's like a set of mini-games. Mostly platforming.

Sounds hokey on paper, but it's extremely good.

It's essentially a series of various platforming challenges. So, there's a brief retelling of the first Kirby game, several brand new traditional platforming areas, a giant cave set up in a Metroidvania style, and more.

Controls are super tight and the game features some of the best graphics and tunes in the whole series. Really worth trying.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

A Gato Roboto question:

does getting 100% completion or finishing the game in a short amount of time do anything? I beat it at 75% in under 3 hours. Is there an alternate ending or something?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I don't believe so.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Flake

Post by Flake »

noiseredux wrote:Switch Online is adding new games next week...

Super Punch-Out - meh.

Journey To Silius - YES!

Kirby Super Star - ??? What even is this? "8 games"?

Star Fox 2 - holy crap. This makes me really happy.

Crystalis - weird considering the NES port is on the SNK 40th Anniversary collection. Great game, though.

Breath Of Fire II - no comment. I still haven't played the first.

It's a nice shot in the arm for the Switch Online. Especially Star Fox. I am totally surprised by Breath of Fire II - with this and the Breath of Fire Artbook coming out, I wonder if maybe Capcom might at least re-release some of the series in collection form.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Flake wrote:It's a nice shot in the arm for the Switch Online. Especially Star Fox. I am totally surprised by Breath of Fire II - with this and the Breath of Fire Artbook coming out, I wonder if maybe Capcom might at least re-release some of the series in collection form.

Oooo, a BoF Collection would be SO cool! Finally an excuse to play through BoF3! :D
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
marurun

Post by marurun »

Demon's Tilt, a video pinball spiritual successor to Devil's Crush, is coming to Switch! Yay!

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/ ... _to_switch
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.