Games becoming Nintendo Selects on March 11th

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Re: Games becoming Nintendo Selects on March 11th

Post by jmbarnes101 »

I picked up Tropical Freeze but they didn't have NES Remix at GS so I'm still looking for that. At some point I'll start picking up the 3DS Selects.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

jmbarnes101 wrote:I picked up Tropical Freeze but they didn't have NES Remix at GS so I'm still looking for that. At some point I'll start picking up the 3DS Selects.

You know I went to my local walmart and my local gamestop and neither one had the nes remix pack.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Everyone wins hooray! Glad to see the prices are cratering.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

My Walmart didn't even get any of the Nintendo selects
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

I did get animal crossing though. Question does any Nintendo selects have original manuals?
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

mas wrote:I did get animal crossing though. Question does any Nintendo selects have original manuals?

I can't speak for the older selects, but I got a wii u, a wii, and a 3ds select from this batch and none of them came with a manual
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Ok that's what I'd figured.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

strangenova wrote:
mas wrote:I did get animal crossing though. Question does any Nintendo selects have original manuals?

I can't speak for the older selects, but I got a wii u, a wii, and a 3ds select from this batch and none of them came with a manual

Thank you for the info. So I'm best off returning the Tropical Freeze Select I haven't opened yet and getting the game used since I'd get the original case and instructions and save $3.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Jmbarnes be careful. My GameStop has Mario all stars used for 30.00 and Mario all stars new for 20.00. Same goes for tropical freeze. Also the trade on Mario all stars is 10.00.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

strangenova wrote:
I can't speak for the older selects, but I got a Wii u, a Wii, and a 3ds select from this batch and none of them came with a manual

:shock: Oh crap! I know many newer games no longer come with manuals, but thought all Selects (especially Wii versions) would come with the same manuals as in the original release. The previous generations (Selects Gamecube, Greatest Hits PS2 and Platinum Hits Original Xbox) all came with a game manual though sometimes the booklets dropped from color to black and white.

Gaah I hate the lack of manuals. Games and movies no longer have any form of a manual related to the game or movie purchased, just throw in ads and teases of DRM levels and movie streaming.

mas wrote:Jmbarnes be careful. My GameStop has Mario all stars used for 30.00 and Mario all stars new for 20.00. Same goes for tropical freeze. Also the trade on Mario all stars is 10.00.

Gamestop has done this in the past and sometimes (though not always) price system change the used game to the Selects price. However, due to now reading about the missing manual, glad I did buy the original Wii Mario All Stars at the last minute, managed to find the rare outer box at Gamestop and the Soundtrack CD online cheap.

For anyone who bought the Wii Mario All Stars Selects version; did the History Book and bonus Soundtrack CD made it to the Selects version? :?:

Blu wrote:Just grabbed a copy of Pikmin 3 at Best Buy. IMO, the crown and wreath is much better than other previous GH designs and branding. Plus it's nice to not have to pay 125% of its MSRP but 33%!

Gee I wonder how long before Gamestop pulls a WiiU Pikimin 3 buyback and resell for fifty bucks as they did for Metroid Trilogy and Xeonoblade Chonicles. Note to self, BUY THIS GAME NOW WHILE AVAILABLE FOR ONLY $19.99! :?

An older Email sent to all Gamestop Power Rewards members who bought either Metroid Trilogy or Xeonoblade Chronicles at Gamestop:

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425