NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
User avatar
Blu
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2694
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:09 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: The Super Mario Maker Thread

by Blu Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:23 am

You glorious man, BMF. I hope you're enjoying Mario Maker this very moment. My wife ordered it from Amazon last night using her Amazon Prime account (student prime membership is awesome), so it should be here Tuesday at the latest. Which is convenient becase we're going to her family's this weekend for her hometown's Good Ole' Days Festival.

I hope that I'll be able to jump on and download all of your wild and crazy levels when I get back. Glad to hear everyone's experiences are positive so far!
User avatar
Ziggy587
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 12430
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: The Super Mario Maker Thread

by Ziggy587 Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:07 am

Hopefully my copy will be waiting for me when I get home from work. :D

Talk about how stuff in the game unlocks.


Ah, they changed how it unlocks? I was actually planning on cheating by setting the date ahead 1 day at a time, but I guess they changed it so you CAN'T do that.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Keeping a lot of my amiibos still in their box, now that I learned you can unlock them without activating them. Can't wait to fire up the 30th anniversary amiibo though. Curious to see what changes!


I actually posted about all that on the first page in this thread, with a Nintendo link that explains Amiibo support for the game. Don't check it if you want to be surprised!

I plan to get the 30th Anniversary Mario. Hopefully it wont be sold out every where and price hiked online. :?
Image
User avatar
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6770
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: Farmington Hills, MI

Re: The Super Mario Maker Thread

by BogusMeatFactory Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:33 am

So I uploaded my first attempt at a level entitled, Super Waluigi Bros. 1-1

Check it out with the code A773-0000-0014-F3D1

It is a first attempt, with the most bare bones features. I will probably update it with a lot of new features and secrets. Sadly there isn't much I can do until they offer more course tools starting tomorrow.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
User avatar
Reprise
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 3596
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:27 am
Location: Earth

Re: The Super Mario Maker Thread

by Reprise Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:53 am

Nice, I'll check it out!

It's a shame you can't upload more than 10 levels, until you get medals. I have about 15ish that I think are fairly decent now. I'm not very good at deciding which are the best 10 though. I'm not getting many stars given, so I guess none are particularly great :lol:

Edit: Just played it. A nice first attempt!
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
User avatar
Ziggy587
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 12430
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: The Super Mario Maker Thread

by Ziggy587 Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:58 am

Image
User avatar
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6770
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: Farmington Hills, MI

Re: The Super Mario Maker Thread

by BogusMeatFactory Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:59 am

Reprise wrote:Nice, I'll check it out!

It's a shame you can't upload more than 10 levels, until you get medals. I have about 15ish that I think are fairly decent now. I'm not very good at deciding which are the best 10 though. I'm not getting many stars given, so I guess none are particularly great :lol:

Edit: Just played it. A nice first attempt!


I saw that! Thank you for the star! Share your levels and I will more than happily play them and give you some stars to boost your upload amount!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
User avatar
Reprise
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 3596
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:27 am
Location: Earth

Re: The Super Mario Maker Thread

by Reprise Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:08 am

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Reprise wrote:Nice, I'll check it out!

It's a shame you can't upload more than 10 levels, until you get medals. I have about 15ish that I think are fairly decent now. I'm not very good at deciding which are the best 10 though. I'm not getting many stars given, so I guess none are particularly great :lol:

Edit: Just played it. A nice first attempt!


I saw that! Thank you for the star! Share your levels and I will more than happily play them and give you some stars to boost your upload amount!


Thanks. You can actually find all my levels by clicking on my profile.

Here's some of them though:

Go For It: 4102-0000-0014-B92D
The Aventure of Link: 5395-0000-0012-2C2D
Brick Lane: 37A1-0000-0011-E01B
Fall Below: 1012-0000-0011-7CD5
Bullet Heck: 034B-0000-0013-7896
Knightmare: 726E-0000-0013-A554
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
User avatar
Ziggy587
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 12430
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: The Super Mario Maker Thread

by Ziggy587 Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:35 am

Dammit! I can't wait to get home today. :x
Image
User avatar
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6770
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: Farmington Hills, MI

Re: The Super Mario Maker Thread

by BogusMeatFactory Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:41 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:Dammit! I can't wait to get home today. :x


I KNOW YOU ARE MISSING ALL THE FUN WHY AREN'T YOU HOME RIGHT NOW!?

@Reprise - Hey I got to play some of your levels and man some of them are really really tough. I never really liked the levels that required pinpoint jumps with trampolines/note blocks, so I had a tough time with those, but I can proudly say that I did it!

I loved your work though and keep it up! can't wait to play more. I'm starring every one that I finish so that you can hopefully break through that wall to upload more.

I am slightly niffed that the most popular stuff are the autoplay levels. Sure, I get the novelty, but the most popular level at this moment is an autoplay that isn't even that good to be honest. It is just a cluttered mess that isn't interesting or engaging visually. It is still early so we will see.

As for things being unlocked, I don't know how they do it, but I am pretty sure it is based on blocks placed in creative mode. I unlocked a few new things and can't wait to see what they give me next. We shall see!

Super Waluigi Bros. For the Win!!!!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
User avatar
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 19223
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Maine

Re: The Super Mario Maker Thread

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:46 pm

Sounds like this game might cause me to actually connect my Wii U to the internet.
Return to Nintendo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests