The Super Mario Maker Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: The Super Mario Maker Thread

Post by Reprise »

This is my tribute to a certain other franchise... Can you guess what it is? :P

Can I Find Some Sailors? (9929-0000-001F-F2FD)
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Cronozilla wrote:This thread is officially torture.

Agree, and I thought I could hold out on a Wii U but now I'm like... Man need this asap. (Rage)
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

The game was waiting for me when I got home last night. I put in a solid three hours. Yeah, this game is exactly what I expected. It was about 10PM and I thought, "OK, gotta stop playing. I'll just finish this one thing, 5 minutes." Then the next time I look at the clock it's 11PM. :lol:

I never had a problem with the battery life of the Gamepad, except for when I first got the U (because the battery didn't come fully charged and I couldn't stop playing). Last night was the first time ever that I started with a fully charged battery and played until the battery LED was flashing. This game might make me buy the extended life battery.

I placed a LOT of blocks in an underground level, but not a whole lot unlocked for me. However, several times I got a message that "more stuff is coming 9/12". Like, I hit some threshold to unlock stuff, but the game wont unlock it until the next day. I was tempted to change the date in the system settings, but I was too busy playing the game.

I played the 100 Mario Challenge twice, once on easy and once on normal difficulty. Beating normal unlocks hard, so I might try that when I get home today. Luckily, you only have to beat it on easy to unlock an Amiibo costume, and easy is only 8 levels. Thing is, every time you beat it, it only unlocks ONE random (as far as I can tell it's random) costume. And there's like 100 costumes. There's maybe only a dozen that I'd really wanna unlock, but I could potentially have to beat the 100 Mario Challenge 100 times to get them. But, I'm glad Nintendo made them possible to unlock instead of FORCING you to buy Amiibos (aside from the 30th Anniversary Mario anyway). And also, the 100 Mario Challenge is all community levels (as far as I can tell). So if I feel like checking out some levels, I might as well play the challenge and unlock a costume.

Anyways, here's a level I built:

5C1D-0000-001B-E3E8

Like I said, I don't have much unlocked, so the level is really basic. I wouldn't have even bothered uploading it, but I didn't know if uploading a level triggered something to be unlocked or not, so I decided to give it a shot. It's called "Practice 2." Excellent title, I know. I felt like Practice 1 was too lame to upload. But maybe when I unlock more stuff I can make it a little better.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Nintendo's PDF of the booklet that comes with the game: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/amaj/boo ... ooklet.pdf
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Ziggy587 wrote:I never had a problem with the battery life of the Gamepad, except for when I first got the U (because the battery didn't come fully charged and I couldn't stop playing). Last night was the first time ever that I started with a fully charged battery and played until the battery LED was flashing. This game might make me buy the extended life battery.

Dude, I just did that exact thing! I literally had to charge the gamepad twice yesterday. Sure enough, I just bought the extended life battery off Amazon this morning.

I'll check out your level.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Reprise wrote:Dude, I just did that exact thing! I literally had to charge the gamepad twice yesterday. Sure enough, I just bought the extended life battery off Amazon this morning.

Awesome! Which battery did you get? I see that there's a bunch of third party ones on Amazon. I wanna make sure I get the official Nintendo product. I may just order it directly from Nintendo.

I think I'm also gonna finally grab a screen protector for the Gamepad, now that it's gonna get heavy stylus use. I always just use my fingers, but Mario Maker requires the stylus.

Yeah, let me know what you think of my level. It's not terrible, just boring due to not having anything unlocked. I think my most anticipated things to get unlocked are warp tubes and doors.

I have a really good idea for a level, but it requires the Mario World style, so I have to wait for that to get unlocked.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Ziggy587 wrote:
Reprise wrote:Dude, I just did that exact thing! I literally had to charge the gamepad twice yesterday. Sure enough, I just bought the extended life battery off Amazon this morning.

Awesome! Which battery did you get? I see that there's a bunch of third party ones on Amazon. I wanna make sure I get the official Nintendo product. I may just order it directly from Nintendo.

I think I'm also gonna finally grab a screen protector for the Gamepad, now that it's gonna get heavy stylus use. I always just use my fingers, but Mario Maker requires the stylus.

Yeah, let me know what you think of my level. It's not terrible, just boring due to not having anything unlocked. I think my most anticipated things to get unlocked are warp tubes and doors.

I have a really good idea for a level, but it requires the Mario World style, so I have to wait for that to get unlocked.

Yeah, I bought the official battery. This is the one you want: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Game-H ... +u+battery

Your level was basic for obvious reasons, but was well designed. I didn't actually complete it, as I died quite a few times. I should get 'round to beating it sorry :oops:

I've unlocked doors and just made my first level with them. I want to unlock warp pipes, but I hear they're the last thing you unlock.

Here's my latest work: C724-0000-0021-540D

Edit: Just beat your level. Nice! I have to say I prefer levels like that, that seem to have a clear vision of what they want to be. I have problems trying to decide what I want to do with mine and feel like I'm just throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Reprise you win with a Shenmue Level. Don't care how good it is. You still win. SHENMUUUUUUEEE!!!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Reprise wrote:Your level was basic for obvious reasons, but was well designed. I didn't actually complete it, as I died quite a few times. I should get 'round to beating it sorry :oops:

Edit: Just beat your level. Nice! I have to say I prefer levels like that, that seem to have a clear vision of what they want to be. I have problems trying to decide what I want to do with mine and feel like I'm just throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Thanks! The trick is getting the star power up before all the Lakitu guys start to appear and make a made dash to the finish.

I'm gonna have to check out every one's levels over the weekend, I can't wait!

Hopefully I'll get all the stuff unlocked quickly so I can upload some levels worth sharing.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Haha thanks, Bogus. I've just replayed it. It's a pretty lame level in retrospect. Sigh, I hope it brings me some cheap likes for the reference haha.

How do you get medals? I want to increase my upload limit. Guess, I need to make some better levels!