The Super Mario Maker Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Re: The Super Mario Maker Thread

Post by foxhound1022 »

Nice. I didn't pre-order like a stooge, and I am definitely getting it.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Holy crap there is a line at our podunk meijer for the game
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

I was able to get the game and the 30th anniversary amiibo...which will be a story for later cause it was a bit crazy!

I just want to let people know that you DO NOT NEED the amiibos to unlock the costumes for them. By having the amiibos you automatically unlock the costumes, which can be gained normally by completing the 100 Mario Course challenge.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I was able to get the game and the 30th anniversary amiibo...which will be a story for later cause it was a bit crazy!

I just want to let people know that you DO NOT NEED the amiibos to unlock the costumes for them. By having the amiibos you automatically unlock the costumes, which can be gained normally by completing the 100 Mario Course challenge.

Sweet. I watched a Walmart associate wheel them on the floor when the clock struck 12. Now I have to wait on UPS for my Amazon copy.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

What's with Nintendo's censorship of "naughty" words policy? I get that Mario is a family/kid friendly series, but I can't use the word "hell" in any of my levels? What the Hell? (No pun intended).
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Reprise wrote:What's with Nintendo's censorship of "naughty" words policy? I get that Mario is a family/kid friendly series, but I can't use the word "hell" in any of my levels? What the Hell? (No pun intended).

Have you tried some form of: H-E-Double Hockey Sticks ?
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Is it true you have to unlock everything before you can use warp pipes?

I can't wait to have everything unlocked. I do think overall it was a good idea to have items gradually unlocked over a 9 day period though, as it does allow you to get to grips with the different tools at your disposal before moving onto other things.

Also, how long is it before you can unlock the Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World designs? I'm itching to create some levels using the SMW design :D
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Reprise wrote:Is it true you have to unlock everything before you can use warp pipes?

I can't wait to have everything unlocked. I do think overall it was a good idea to have items gradually unlocked over a 9 day period though, as it does allow you to get to grips with the different tools at your disposal before moving onto other things.

Also, how long is it before you can unlock the Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World designs? I'm itching to create some levels using the SMW design :D

They apparently released a patch which takes away the 9 day unlock and instead replaces it with new unlocks for every 15 minutes of play.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

alienjesus wrote:
Reprise wrote:Is it true you have to unlock everything before you can use warp pipes?

They apparently released a patch which takes away the 9 day unlock and instead replaces it with new unlocks for every 15 minutes of play.

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I have no idea if I've installed that patch or not. I probably have, as it felt like I was unlocking stuff quickly. Then again, I played for hours yesterday and I'm no where near having everything unlocked, so I'll have to check.

Edit: I googled it. I did install the update and it seems it might not be down to time, but instead: "For clarification, it seems it might be based on how many blocks you place in the Create mode. There's no official word on this right now, so it's all speculation and testing, but spamming a load of garbage blocks into the editor is working for people here."

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Woke up this morning and am ready to get working on this stuff. Set up an easy slow cooker meal, dishes are done. All I have to do is play with my baby, feed her, make sure she gets her naps and while she naps....Mario Maker Time! I have some good ideas for the original Super Mario Bros. style that I want to play with.

Keeping a lot of my amiibos still in their box, now that I learned you can unlock them without activating them. Can't wait to fire up the 30th anniversary amiibo though. Curious to see what changes!