The Super Mario Maker Thread

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Ziggy

Re: The Super Mario Maker Thread

Post by Ziggy »

foxhound1022 wrote:Completed all people's levels on my "following" list and starred them, including beating Ziggy's Spin Jump Insane for the 3rd time.

Thank you! :D

I think the only change I made to Insane was the addition of the checkpoint. Any feedback concerning that? Did it make it easier to beat? As in, not so frustrating to have to start at the beginning after each death.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Yeah, anytime you don't have to totally restart a difficult level is definitely a plus. But, with the addition of the Thwomps at the beginning, it (to me, anyways) isn't too ridiculous.

Honestly, the hardest part is the end with the P-Switch.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

foxhound1022 wrote:Honestly, the hardest part is the end with the P-Switch.

The trick is, just line up your jump so you're gonna land on the P-switch then let go of all the buttons so you don't grab it.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

So I just read an article saying that if nintendo removes your level from their servers for whatever reason then it becomes banned. No matter what alterations you make it won't be able to be reuploaded.

You'd literally have to rebuild it from scratch to reupload. This frustrates me, because rather than giving me the option to make tweaks to make that framework into a better level it's just locked out.

I didn't get on for two weeks and one of my levels got removed, I'm assuming due to low play traffic and now I have to rebuild it rather than make the alterations I had already planned for it.

Where is the trust
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

strangenova wrote:So I just read an article saying that if nintendo removes your level from their servers for whatever reason then it becomes banned. No matter what alterations you make it won't be able to be reuploaded.

You'd literally have to rebuild it from scratch to reupload. This frustrates me, because rather than giving me the option to make tweaks to make that framework into a better level it's just locked out.

I didn't get on for two weeks and one of my levels got removed, I'm assuming due to low play traffic and now I have to rebuild it rather than make the alterations I had already planned for it.

Where is the trust

Can anyone confirm this? I've had a couple taken down (I assume for the same reason), and it would reaaaally piss me off if they do permaban it.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
strangenova wrote:So I just read an article saying that if nintendo removes your level from their servers for whatever reason then it becomes banned. No matter what alterations you make it won't be able to be reuploaded.

Where is the trust

Can anyone confirm this? I've had a couple taken down (I assume for the same reason), and it would reaaaally piss me off if they do permaban it.

Well I'm confirming it. I just got home and tried making changes and reupload and it won't let me. I made a new save copy and it has the same upload ban symbol on it....
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

strangenova wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:

Where is the trust

Well I'm confirming it. I just got home and tried making changes and reupload and it won't let me. I made a new save copy and it has the same upload ban symbol on it....

That really fucking sucks. I'd be really fucking pissed. I mean, what if a level is removed due to being severely unpopular, but then I massively improve the level.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

That's garbage, considering how many of those auto-play levels are clogging up the lists.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

So last month during an incoming blizzard, one of my BFFs brought over his Wii U and Super Mario Maker. I played some of his levels, and I watched him do some of those music-focused levels -- the ones where you just run, and people have carefully constructed things to play a tune -- and I'm just amazed at the creativity that this game brings forth.

I wanted to recommend one of his level designs, which has only been cleared by two people: some dude, and me. I don't show up officially since I played under my friend's account, alas. But I laughed so hard, and got trounced a bunch of times, much to said friend's delight. It's ridiculous. And you know what? You guys should try it. I dare you.

It's called TROLLolololololololololololololo. Yup. Enjoy.

0FA5-0000-00B9-8063

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

So keys coming in next update means mandatory boss battles! I'm excited for this