A Low Cost Amibo Alternative?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Re: A Low Cost Amibo Alternative?

Post by GSZX1337 »

samsonlonghair wrote:I bought a few Sonic figures during the 20th anniversary promotion. I own Knuckles and Tails specifically. I think they seem a bit cheap to me. The joints in particular seem extra delicate. It took three tries to get knuckles to stand up on my book shelf without leaning on any books. The weak knee joints under a big head don't do him any favors.

The figure pictured is one of a variety of Sonic figures. The ones I'm after aren't pose-able like the one above.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Probably for the best then. Weak joints are worse than no joints at all.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Yeah, I have four of those same Sonic figures standing on my bookshelf. And I got them second-hand, so it took me forever to get them to stand up without falling over. Poor Knuckles still refuses to stand up straight. Every time I go in there, he's hunched over and I have to straighten him out. It lasts a couple of days and then he's back being hunched over again. It's almost like his poor joints are so bad he doesn't want to go on living :(
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

GSZX1337 wrote:
dogman91 wrote:and of course, if you want a low-cost solution to using the Amiibos' functionality and don't care about the figures... http://www.amiiqo.com/

So does this thing have Amiibo data stored in it (or can have it downloaded to it from another source) or does it just back up Amiibo data from the figures?
It comes with a couple stored in it, you can find blank backups of every released Amiibo online without too much trouble. They're so small that people just throw it all into one rar file.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

I've recently been able to pick up a couple small 2.5 figures from the Jakks World of Nintendo line. Found a Cranky Kong at Walgreens last week, and picked up a Pirahna Plant, Bullet Bill, Purple Yoshi and Deku Link (Yay!) at Walmart. They also had Peach, but I'm honestly not too keen on her. I'm really hoping to come across a Pikman at some point, but so far I've been SOL on that front. I'm afraid poor Olimar will be forever lonely. Finding some of the ones I want is almost as bad as tracking down some of the amiibos :?