The Closest We'll Get To a Wii-U F-Zero

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

The Closest We'll Get To a Wii-U F-Zero

Post by GSZX1337 »

While browsing the interwebz I came across an article about Fast Racing Neo, a futuristic racer by Shin'en Multimedia whom you might recognize because of their NanoStray/Assault games. :)

Slated for a release later this year, Fast Racing Neo doesn't have a lot of media to go on (just some screenshots and a teaser trailer), but what there is looks pretty good and F-Zero like. Figured I'd share this since I know there's a few F-Zero fans here. Also, this is giving me another little push into getting the Wii-U.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Re: The Closest We'll Get To a Wii-U F-Zero

Post by jmbarnes101 »

GSZX1337 wrote:While browsing the interwebz I came across an article about Fast Racing Neo, a futuristic racer by Shin'en Multimedia whom you might recognize because of their NanoStray/Assault games. :)

Slated for a release later this year, Fast Racing Neo doesn't have a lot of media to go on (just some screenshots and a teaser trailer), but what there is looks pretty good and F-Zero like. Figured I'd share this since I know there's a few F-Zero fans here. Also, this is giving me another little push into getting the Wii-U.

I saw the E3 trailer last night. It looked like a mix of F-Zero and Star Wars Pod Racing.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

The original on the Wii was like the step between Fzero and Wipeout. So if they can keep that up, it will be a fun title.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

fastbilly1 wrote:The original on the Wii was like the step between Fzero and Wipeout. So if they can keep that up, it will be a fun title.

E3 is the first I'm hearing about this game. I didn't even know there was one on the Wii. I'll have to check it out. What's it called?
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

Thank you for pointing this out! Looks great.
Ghegs
64-bit

Post by Ghegs »

Ziggy587 wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:The original on the Wii was like the step between Fzero and Wipeout. So if they can keep that up, it will be a fun title.

E3 is the first I'm hearing about this game. I didn't even know there was one on the Wii. I'll have to check it out. What's it called?

FAST Racing League, it's a WiiWare title. It's pretty fun, but it has an Ikaruga-esque polarity mechanic that I'm not sure is a good fit for a racing game.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I don't recall the maker, but since it took quite awhile for F-Zero to show on the GC, there was that game Tube Slider that people kept calling the F-Zero we never got until it appeared. It was by ND Cube though not Shinen, same basic ideas though.